In this blog, we provide tips on how to Feng Shui Ceiling. You will learn more about the good and bad things about the ceiling.
Feng shui is a practice that emanated from an ancient Chinese tradition. The word Feng Shui is derived from the Chinese words “Feng“, which implies wind, and “Shui, which implies water.
The concept of Feng Shui focuses on using energy forces to create harmony between a man and their environment.
The principles of Feng Shui are now been applied across many cultures, including the Western culture.
Feng Shui has its perspective on the ceiling. The ceiling carries out an important role in inviting positive or negative energy into the house and despite this fact, it is often neglected.
Adequate attention must be given to it. The ceiling can affect the flow of energy in a room, especially when it is slanted.
The Symbolism Of The Ceiling
In Feng Shui, the ceiling symbolizes “heaven“, while the floor symbolizes the “earth”. It is like the sky and can deliver an inspiring positive feeling and lofty conceptions.
On the contrary, it can bring pressure, oppression, and unhealthy feelings depending on the height, color, and appearance of the ceiling.
When the height is not according to the recommended Feng Shui height, it can cause unease.
Importance Of Ceiling In Feng Shui
The importance of a ceiling in Feng Shui is that it can attract good or bad energy to the home.
When you have a good ceiling over your head, it helps to create a suitable environment for you to conceive lofty ideas because of the height.
The ceiling can also make your room good Feng Shui when it is painted with good feng shui colors.
It can attract positive energy when the height is of standard and block the way against negative energy that can cause depression and oppression.
Are Ceiling Fans Bad Feng Shui?
Normally, a ceiling fan is an appliance that eases discomfort and brings ease and relief, but there have been many mix-ups about it.
Ceiling fans are good Feng Shui, but if not appropriately used or placed (read the correct feng shui placement for ceiling fans), they can hurt the energy flow in the home too.
Ceiling fans are good for Feng Shui because of their effectiveness in enhancing active (yang), read Yin vs Yang energy and making the flow of positive energy easy.
They can transmute air into circulation and propel energy into movement rather than staying static.
This process enhances the flow of fresh air and at the same time, gets rid of moist air by thrusting them out through the windows.
How Can Ceiling Fan Impact The Energy Flow Of Home?
A ceiling fan can impact the energy flow of the house if it works effectively and in the right direction. The right direction is that it runs in the anti-clockwise direction.
A ceiling fan promotes the energy flow in the home as a result of removing moist air and pushing them out. It helps to get rid of bad and stagnant energy by propelling the right energy into action.
How To Optimise The Energy Flow In The Ceiling?
To optimize the energy flow in the ceiling, ensure your ceiling is not slanted and is of great height (8 to 10 feet tall). This type of ceiling will promote good energy flow and makes you feel relaxed and safe.
Common Mistakes To Avoid
Here are common mistakes to avoid in using ceiling fans:
- While ceiling fans are good at circulating positive energy, placing them wrongly might lead to undesirable effects. Make sure your ceiling fan is placed in a suitable position.
- This right placement for your ceiling fan must be the one that is not above your resting position or bed. It means that when you are lying in bed, your fan is not above you directly.
- Don’t hang your fan too low: It is important to hang your ceiling fan far above. Stay away from a low-hanging fan.
- When you have a low-hanging fan, it brings unease, and pressure, comparable to slanted ceilings or beams above
Ceiling Material And Modern Designs As Per Feng Shui
Ceiling plays a vital role in Feng Shui and that is why it is important to know about the ceiling material and modern design as per Feng Shui.
Feng Shui Ceilings Lights
Ceiling lights are what give beauty to your ceiling and space. Proper placement and the use of correct ceiling lights can make your home auspicious.
Hang your ceiling light fixtures at the dead center. Here are the lighting tips for your ceiling light fixtures:
- It is suggested you use two or fewer intensity lights in place of utilizing one bright light in a room. These light fixtures will bring about an inviting general luminosity and good room energy.
- Select Feng Shui color shades or bulbs to evoke the feelings you want to see. A red bulb in a living room attracts recognition and distinction.
- Pink shades indicate bliss, romance, and peace, while purple is enthusiastic. Using it in your office can attract prosperity. Yellow shades show relaxation and calm.
Feng Shui Ceilings Beam
Beams are attractive. They beautify and add profound and impressive style to spaces. Beams and pillars can change the look of your home and they are an elegant addition to the house in as much they are not staying over your head directly.
- Having a beam above your head, no matter if it is in bed, sitting in a chair, or working with your desk under it.
- The pressure from the beam can affect your state of mind bringing about restlessness, headaches, and whirling.
- It can also cause emotional instability such as anxiety, cheerlessness, dejection, and clumsiness.
- The solution to a ceiling beam over your head is to reposition your bed, desk, or chair away from beneath the beam.
If it is not achievable, you can hang a pair of bamboo flutes with their mouth open upward which will facilitate the lifting of the energy of the beams, thereby preventing burdensome.
Common Feng Shui Rules Of Ceiling
- Go for a light color. Using dark colors will bring distraction.
- Don’t hang heavy objects on the ceiling where you are sleeping. Also, don’t hang giant chandeliers on your head.
- Move your bed away from under an exposed beam. It leads to unhealthy sleep.
- Keep it minimal and avoid decorating your ceilings with a mirror to create a spacious setting.
Feng Shui Ceilings Design
If you want to surround yourself with powerful energy, check the following ceiling designs and materials.
Types Of Ceilings Design
|It provides a unique appearance and experience and is ideal for a ceiling that is higher than 10 feet because of its color intensity.
|Wood Tongue and Groove
|It unleashes its elegance when painted with white. Be mindful of the direction in which the board is placed because of the energy flow you want.
|It delivers an attractive effect and is most effective for the kitchen and the dining room.
|It adds an artistic touch to a space as well as delineates boundaries. It properly fits into the common room like the living and dining rooms.
|A suspended ceiling is known for preventing sound. Hence it is an effective sound barrier.
Feng Shui Ceiling Material Types
|They are utilized to produce a solid, lasting, and attractive ceiling. They are versatile and are employed for decoration.
|Plaster is known for producing plaster ceilings over the years. Plaster Board is prepared using plaster material and is cost-effective and simple to install.
|It is commonly used to make suspended ceilings. It conceals the pipes and limits sound especially in noisy environments.
|It is not heavy and is produced from a range of materials including wood fiber, fiberglass, plastics, etc. It is completed by installing a fall ceiling and helps to limit noise levels from the environment.
|It is set up under the roof slab using suspended material. Commonly used in buildings where electrical works are carried out like light installation.
Feng Shui Ceilings Fan Blades
- Feng Shui ceiling fan blades are designed to function differently.
- A Feng Shui ceiling fan blade should be set to work anticlockwise for the cooling of the room.
- While the fan blades should be adjusted to work clockwise for the purpose of redistributing the warm air during winter.
Ceiling Height Recommendation As Per Feng Shui
The recommended ceiling height as per Feng Shui is between 8 to 10 feet.
These ceiling heights are ideal for any room because it provides an adequate possibility for inspiration, aspiration, and attainable height.
In addition, this height will help you to feel relaxed, secure, and confident. These help you to have a sense of safety and assurance.
Feng Shui Ceilings Colors
The most perfect ceiling colors are white, yellowish, or grayish-white. Avoid painting your ceiling using dark colors like black, blue, and grey.
These colors symbolize water which leaves you with a drowning mentality and also black represents gloominess and self-devastation.
Feng Shui Bedroom Ceiling Rules
Some common bedroom ceiling rules according to Feng Shui are:
- Don’t sleep under a slanted or sloppy ceiling and exposed beams. They cause depression and unequal circulation of energy in the room. Move your bed away from under such a ceiling type or beams.
- Avoid using blue, black, or grey colors for painting your ceiling.
- Use ceiling light fixtures that will facilitate the flow of positive energy. Use bulb shades that will uplift your mood.
- The suggested ceiling height is between 8 to 10 feet tall.
Types Of Ceiling as per Feng Shui
Check out the different types of ceilings below according to Feng Shui.
1. Tray Ceiling Feng Shui
Tray ceilings have a design that looks like a tray, hence the name tray ceilings.
This type of ceiling plays a vital role by adding an extraordinary effect to a room and also presents a room look taller.
When you consider using a tray ceiling, ensure that you stick with a ceiling height of at least 8 feet tall.
2. Feng Shui Bedroom Ceiling
The best ceiling for the bedroom is the tray ceiling.
The installation is simple, and the design of the ceiling gives the LED lights and the cover lights the ability to illuminate the bedroom equally.
The design of the ceiling allows your bedroom to look attractive and saves costs as it eliminates the unnecessary use of other lighting fixtures.
3. Feng Shui Slanted Ceiling
A slanted ceiling is not recommended in Feng Shui because it obstructs positive energy and natural light from penetrating the room.
Furthermore, a slanted ceiling causes your space to look smaller and the solution is to remove it.
4. Black Ceiling Feng Shui
The black ceiling is not suitable for the room because of the color. The color symbolizes depression and it makes you feel drowned. Avoid black ceilings!
How To Incorporate Natural Elements Of Feng Shui For Ceiling?
Incorporating natural elements of Feng Shui will promote the flow of positive energy. You can incorporate natural elements such as crystals, bamboo flutes, and chimes.
Natural Element Of Feng Shui For Ceiling
|How To Incorporate Natural Elements
|Hang crystals or bamboo flutes with open mouths placed upward
|Incorporate natural elements like crystal to bring an expansion.
|Suspend a crystal Sphere or incorporate 6 rods chime.
Feng Shui Ceilings Cures
Feng Shui ceiling cures are as follows:
- Use light colors to decorate your ceilings.
- Incorporate bright lights to provide illumination around the ceiling.
- For low ceilings, hang a crystal to make an extension.
- For sloped ceilings, adding a crystal sphere or 6-rod chime can cure this type of ceiling and change the flow of the energy.
In Conclusion- How To Feng Shui Ceiling
The ceiling can have good feng shui once appropriate steps are taken according to feng shui.
Following the methods listed above can attract the flow of positive energy into your room and block away negative energy.
You can test out different Feng Shui methods to know how the energy flows into your home. These tips are eyes openers, hence you can go all out to try more Feng Shui techniques for ceilings.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.