In this article, We will learn all the things you need to know about it, including Feng Shui Definition, Feng Shui Meaning, WHY, and HOW it can impact our life.
For many people, this might be a very new term or strange topic.
But you need not worry, if you are not aware of what is Feng Shui then probably this article is very interesting and useful for you where we will learn everything about this art and all the feng shui facts that impact our lives.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is feng shui Meaning and what is its purpose?
- 2 How Feng Shui Is Used? And Feng Shui Synonym
- 3 How Long Does Feng Shui Take To Work?
- 4 What Feng Shui Is Good + How To Feng Shui Bedroom?
- 5 How Does Feng Shui Work For Money?
- 6 What Are The Feng Shui Rules?
- 7 What Is The Purpose Of Feng Shui?
- 8 What Is My Feng Shui Element?
- 9 What Are the Basic Feng Shui Principles
- 10 What are the nine life areas of feng shui?
- 11 How Do You Feng Shui Home?
- 12 How does Feng Shui Works?
- 13 Why is Feng Shui Good?
- 14 What are Feng shui Misconceptions?
- 15 What are examples of bad feng shui?
- 16 Meaning of feng shui FAQS
- 16.1 Q: Is Feng Shui a religion?
- 16.2 Q: What is bad feng shui?
- 16.3 Q: What are the Things you should not do in Feng Shui?
- 16.4 Q: How Do I Fix My Feng Shui?
- 16.5 Q: Are Circles Good at Feng Shui?
- 16.6 Q: How do I feng shui my wallet?
- 16.7 Q: How Do I Start Feng Shui?
- 16.8 Q: feng shui definition of philosophy?
- 17 How to practice feng shui?
- 18 Conclusion
What is feng shui Meaning and what is its purpose?
This is the most basic question that arises when people hear Feng Shui and people want to learn the feng shui information.
Feng shui in English Definition and Meaning is “wind” and Shui means “water.” It is an ancient combination of art and science of China which originated over 3000 years ago.
So feng shui in Chinese culture practitioners used to build beautiful houses, buildings, and farms by using Feng Shui art. If you want to know more about Feng Shui, then check out the complete History here.
According to Chinese Feng Shui practitioners, there are 2 powerful elements Wind and Water which usages for good health, prosperity, good fortune or to bring good luck, wealth, and many more things.
It was first used to be practiced by the people for settling to farm animals and grow crops. Later According to this, it’s used to build a building in a way that enhances the relationships of a family members.
So, today this is all about arranging buildings, objects, space, and life to achieve harmony, balance, success, and survival.
Before you start, also take a look at various Feng Shui Facts and Myths Debunked.
How Feng Shui Is Used? And Feng Shui Synonym
As of now, we are clear with the most basic question. What is Feng Shui Definition? now we will understand its origin. Feng Shui is used to facilitate the energy flow of Ch’i in our home, garden, office, etc.
Implementing correct Feng Shui can bring harmony and balance with its surroundings and enhance life by balancing all the elements.
Feng shui is also called fung shway, Fengshui, Chinese art, Fungswae urban dictionar, Functuay, Fonshway, Funkshway. Whatever the different name but the objective is the same.
How Long Does Feng Shui Take To Work?
For all the problems Feng Shui takes its time depending on the solution provided. So there is no such timeline but depending on the nature of your situation.
You can implement many things which can bring immediately noticeable effects. But for other problems, it will take time for at least 4 to 6 months.
What Feng Shui Is Good + How To Feng Shui Bedroom?
The bedroom is the most comfortable area, where most of us spend our time. In order to Feng Shui Your Bedroom, you need to follow certain rules.
You can check below related article, which will help you understand this. Here are the quick Feng Shui Bedroom Tips to enhance the positive vibe.
- Invest in a properly sized bed and comfortable mattress.
- Find a better Feng shui position for your bed, which is central.
- Improve the air-flow by adjusting blinds and proper ventilation.
- Say no to electronic devices and screens in the bedroom.
Follow these links in order to get detailed guidelines for Feng Shui Bedrooms.
- Best Feng Shui Bedroom Colors – 2020 Guide
- How To Fung Shui A Small Bedroom? Quick Tips
- How To Feng shui Bedroom -The Complete Guide
- How To Feng Shui Bedroom For Blissful Marriage?
- Best Feng shui Plants For Home, Living Room, Bedroom
How Does Feng Shui Work For Money?
Yes, Feng Shui works for all aspects of your life. One of the aspects is attracting Money. For this, quick tips are to use more Red, Purple, or Green Colors. Which Impacts mostly on mood.
Follow these links in order to get detailed guidelines for Feng Shui Wealth and Money.
- Lucky Charms 2020 For Money & Business.
- Feng Shui For Money And Wealth- Do’s & Dont’s
- Top 16 Feng Shui Gifts For Wealth & Prosperity
- Feng Shui Plants For Good Luck, Wealth & Positivity
What Are The Feng Shui Rules?
In the definition of Feng Shui, here are some rules which should never be broken.
- Be organized and have a clutter-free environment always.
- The bedroom must be in a commanding position always. So the position should always be away from the window.
- Remove all the gadgets and books from the rest area. So the rule is to separate work and rest areas.
- Use the Feng Shui Bagua Map properly.
- Know your favorable colors- Create Good Feng Shui By Colors
- Always find your lucky Feng Shui number and use them- Feng Shui Lucky Numbers.
What Is The Purpose Of Feng Shui?
The main objective of Feng Shui as per Definition is to help people live and work in comfortable, supportive environments and to create good harmony.
Feng shui basics create a better environment where you can feel positive and happy. It’s a direct relationship between human and their environment.
Many people assumed that is a weapon for all the desired more correctly negative ones. But NO it’s not like that, it can never be used for wrong practices like killing someone.
To steal someone’s property, get rich overnight like that. It is only meant to help and enhance the relationship between humans and the environment.
There are a couple of ways it can be used to decide the location, construction, and architectural features of buildings, the placement, and style of furniture, colors, and decorating schemes.
Also placing several objects under Feng shui guidelines like plantings, plants, colors, décor, etc will improve family communication, restore employee cooperation, and increase a store’s sales along with pleasant looks and atmosphere.
What Is My Feng Shui Element?
This is the most obvious question when one is following FengShui and after understanding basic Feng Shui definitions.
To balance out all these five elements you need to take help from feng shui. To know your FengShui element here is a complete guide on Feng Shui Birth Element- Everything You Need To Know.
What Are the Basic Feng Shui Principles
The basic Feng Shui Principles from Feng Shui Definition are below. Combining all these things makes Feng Shui very powerful in terms of healing, bringing prosperity, health, wealth, peace. Let’s discuss all in detail.
- Wind and Water
- The Fengshui Bagua Map
- The Commanding Position
- The Five Elements Of FengShui
Feng Shui Definition-Wind and Water
In English Feng means “wind” and Shui means “water.”
It is an ancient combination of art and science of China which is originated over 3000 years ago so in the Chinese Feng Shui culture practitioners used to build beautiful houses, buildings, and farming by using this art.
Feng Shui Definition- Bagua Map
FengShui masters also discovered a tool called a Bagua which is basically a map that lays out various areas of life including health, wealth, marriage,
The Commanding Position
According to Fengshui experts, the number one Fengshui for small bedrooms is the commanding position of the bed.
In Fengshui, a bed in a commanding position is positioned behind a solid wall and diagonally from the bedroom door.
Having a rug to ground the energy of the bed further (and the whole bedroom) makes for even more strength and appeal to this exceptional FengShui bedroom layout.
What Are The 5 Elements Of Feng Shui?
Feng Shui is built upon 5 elements that divide the entire world, the universe into these five elements and they are
- WOOD: it’s a symbol of creativity and growth
- FIRE: it’s a symbol of leadership and boldness
- EARTH: it’s a symbol of strength and stability
- METAL: it’s a symbol of focus and order
- WATER: it’s a symbol of emotion and inspiration
Working to balance these five elements properly in your Feng Shui home, the office can help to increase the positivity and the harmony between humans and nature
Feng Shui masters also discovered a tool called a Bagua which is basically a map that lays out various areas of life including health, wealth, marriage, and fame.
We can also build the spaces by balancing yin and yang energies is also part of it. Yin is a feminine energy, which has below properties
Yang is masculine, associated with:
- the sun
Also if we use the below colors according to the nature of the elements then they seem to impact us directly. We can adjust the spaces by promoting these colors in our home, office, and garden in a form of paintings, plants, objects, etc.
Feng Shui Elements Colors
- WOOD: Green, brown
- FIRE: Bright yellow, orange
- METAL: Silver, grey
- WATER: Blue, black
- EARTH-: Light yellow, maroon.
- WOOD: east and southeast
- FIRE: south
- METAL: south and southwest
- WATER: north
- EARTH-: northeast and southwest.
You can change the feeling of your space and bring positivity by playing with these energies.
What are the nine life areas of feng shui?
|Feng Shui Bagua Areas||Representation||Elements|
|Zhen||Family & New Beginnings||Earth|
|Xun||Wealth & Abundance||Earth|
|Tai Qi||The Center & Health||Wood|
|Qian||Helpful People & Travel||Metal|
|Dui||Children & Completion||Metal|
|Gen||Knowledge & Self-Cultivation||Wood|
|Li||Fame & Reputation||Fire|
|Kan||Career & Path in Life||Water|
|Kun||Love & Partnerships||Wood|
- Zhen: Family & New Beginnings.
- Xun: Wealth & Abundance.
- Tai Qi: The Center & Health.
- Qian: Helpful People & Travel.
- Dui: Children & Completion.
- Gen: Knowledge & Self-Cultivation.
- Li: Fame & Reputation.
- Kan: Career & Path in Life.
- Kun: Love & Partnerships
How Do You Feng Shui Home?
A home is a place, where we are spending most of our time so I am sure it’s always a special and exciting feeling to decorate your own house or office.
But when it comes to club decor with this art altogether it gives an overwhelming experience. who will not appreciate the benefits of beautiful, comfortable living environments?
It describes that your home is not just a place to get materialistic comfort but also your physical and mental health, and your relationships.
There are several questions that come into our mind like where to begin and how to implement Feng Shui. In Feng Shui, if we want to get all the benefits constantly in terms of peace, happiness, and relationships Some of them are listed below.
You need not be an expert but slowly you will gel with the process. So below are a few tips and tricks where you can implement Feng Shui in your home as a beginner.
- Focus on your front door.
- Clean your windows.
- Allow natural light.
- Know your colors.
- Be organized and tidy.
- Use the Bagua Map properly
- Remove Negative Symbolism or objects.
- Make your Feng Shui home spacious.
- Balance the Five Elements.
- Give Guests comfort and a Reason to stay.
- Remove all the obstacles from your path.
- Don’t use the TV in your bedroom.
- Separate work and rest areas
- Don’t put a mirror in front of your bed.
- Make your Feng Shui home clutter-free, especially in the bedroom.
- Decor with indoor plants for fresh air and energy.
Above are some generic tips and tricks, to begin with, but as an individual, you can define your own plan for how to Feng Shui your house or a list of priorities to bring your desired outcome.
Once you implement these tips in your home, surely you will notice a different energy flow and mindset.
How does Feng Shui Works?
According to Chinese Feng Shui culture, this is based on the movement of Qi (read as “Chi” as in “Cheese”), chi it’s energy basically a positive energy YIN & YANG.
That moves from one place to another place and its movement makes chi very auspicious which brings good fortune in life.
There are many ways where we can incorporate this art into our life by implementing fundamental things of Feng Shui.
Through the use of certain tools such as color, numbers, symbols, textures, and influences. Feng Shui identifies spaces with negative energies and readjusts the energy flow to promote health, happiness, and abundance.
Why is Feng Shui Good?
Many people say that they want to become rich overnight or they want to get rid of their neighbors with the help of this. But in reality, Feng Shui is never been attached to any negativity.
But yes you can find true love and attract wealth. Apart from that, it can bring many other benefits and advantages too.
My agenda is to keep you informed about all the aspects in that way when you’re serious about improving your life through Feng Shui. You can be guided by the below points.
- Attract Wealth
- Help Finding True Love
- Career Stability and Focus
- Health Improvements
- Maintain a Relationship or Marriage
- Enhancing Connections with Society.
- Prevent Uncertain Accidents
- Bring good luck and fortune
- Increases Energy and Motivation
- Improve Financial Status
- Keeping away from Ghosts and Spirits
- Improve Learning Capabilities
- promote Good Growth of Children
- Improve Security Personal and Professional
What are Feng shui Misconceptions?
Above all the points, we have seen all the possible things which explain it in a better way but still, this is the most misleading topic where peoples assume certain things. A few of them are listed below.
- It is not a way to get rich overnight.
- Only rich and advanced people can afford it.
- It is, not a way to decorate and makeover your spaces.
- Feng shui practices are not meant to harm anybody and are not associated with any superstitious.
What are examples of bad feng shui?
Below are the worse feng shui things that should be taken care of immediately.
- Front Door that is Hidden
- Mirrors in the front of the bed
- Stairs Facing Front Door.
- Unnecessary clutter in the home
- Sink near to stove in the kitchen.
- Bathroom Door towards the Front Door.
- Staircase situated in the Center of A Home.
- Bathroom placement in the Center of A Home.
- Kitchen nearby or using same bathroom wall
- Pointy sharp objects like pillars and poison arrows.
- Front Door and Back Door are aligned with each other.
Meaning of feng shui FAQS
Q: Is Feng Shui a religion?
Feng Shui Is A Well-Researched Combination Of Art And Science. It’s Not Bounded Under Any Social Regions, Non-Strict In Nature.
Utilizing feng shui is tied in with profiting yourself, helping yourself, and utilizing the common energies that as of now exist in nature, not changing your existing faith in God.
Q: What is bad feng shui?
There Can Be Nothing But Bad Feng Shui In The House If Your Space Has Discomfort Or Negative Energy.
An Awful Feng Shui Bedroom Will Likewise Eliminate Your Own Energy And Can Largely Affect The Nature Of Your Relationships. Your Bed Is The Most Significant Feng Shui Household Item In Your Life.
Q: What are the Things you should not do in Feng Shui?
In The Event That You Need To Invite All The Great Energy Your Home Has To Bring To The Table, Stay Away From Or Fix These Feng Shui Gaps quickly.
A bed is attached to the front door wall.
An open toilet cover.
Mirrors (inappropriately positioned) in the bedroom.
A lot Of plants in the bedroom.
Cluttered home and office.
Q: How Do I Fix My Feng Shui?
There Are Many Ways You Can Correct Your Feng Shui From Home, Life, And Office. Follow The Detailed Guide Below.
Q: Are Circles Good at Feng Shui?
Feng Shui of Circular and Round Shapes
The round shape in the feng shui stylistic layout is a declaration of the Metal feng shui element.
Round stylistic theme, things bring into your home the energy of clearness, exactness, and newness.
Q: How do I feng shui my wallet?
Step By Step Instructions To Feng Shui Your Wallet To Draw In Wealth. Follow The Below Guides.
Q: How Do I Start Feng Shui?
1. Welcome the Energy Flow “chi”.
2. Keep Your House Clear of Clutter.
3. Hold the Path to the Front Door Clear.
4. Provide Guests a Reason to stay with you.
5. Incorporate the Five Elements of feng shui.
6. Eliminate Negative Symbolism.
6. Allow Natural Light.
Q: feng shui definition of philosophy?
In simplest its a combination of wind and water, which are the most powerful element on the earth.
And feng shui, Feng Shui shastra teaches how to balance both in order to live longer, be happy, and be more content.
How to practice feng shui?
Feng shui is not like a course, in which you can learn it. But it’s an ancient art to create balance and harmony in life. Below are a few rules which you can follow in order to practice feng shui.
- Spend more than alone and in meditation.
- Surround by more natural objects like fountains, plants, and birds.
- Make your home a clutter-free zone, and organized to invite good vibes.
- Create environmental affirmations by creating good architecture at home, and office.
You may like following below Feng Shui guides
- Feng Shui Coins – Interesting Facts You Need To Know
- Feng Shui Guide For Your Living Room– Do’s & Don’t’s
- Living Room Feng Shui Ideas – LAYOUT AND OVERALL VIBES
- Top 20 Feng Shui Tips To Organize Your Living Room
- How To Feng Shui For Protection – Do’s & Dont’s
- Feng Shui Protection Symbols – A Detailed Guide
- How To Feng Shui Your Bedroom -The Complete Guide
- Feng Shui For Money and Wealth
- Top 20 Tips for Feng Shui Living Room
- Top feng shui rules living room – Layout and Design
- Feng Shui 2020 Top Blogs Website– By Feedspot
For now, you have a better understanding Of the Feng Shui Definition To its purpose. Now it’s time to implement it in order to see all its benefits. You can begin with small steps and then go deeper once you get acquainted with them.
Also, you need to keep in your mind that you are just a beginner, not an expert. If you feel you are not doing things according to Feng Shui standards then don’t panic, you can always consult an expert for specific solutions and remedies.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.