Want to learn How To Feng Shui Dining Room? Read here to find out what you need to do to get started. Feng Shui is not just a way of life, but a means of attaining a long list of benefits. One of these benefits includes good health.
This, combined with good fortune, luck, and prosperity, can be gained by having the ideal Feng Shui dining room.
And all it takes are a few simple steps. By following the right guide to creating a warm and embracing space for you to enjoy your meals and host dinner parties, you can reap all the anticipated benefits of Feng Shui.
So, let’s dive into the world of Feng Shui and learn how to transform your dining room into a Feng Shui dining room.
The right Feng Shui dining room has a balance of Yin and Yang energies – and we are going to teach you how to reach this stage. Read ahead to find out.
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Feng Shui Dining Room In Just 8 Steps
- 2 How to Get the Most of Your Feng Shui Practice
- 3 What To Avoid Keeping In Your Dining Room
- 4 Creating The Perfect Dining Room–Feng Shui It Today!
How To Feng Shui Dining Room In Just 8 Steps
Here is what you need to do to Feng Shui your dining room. These steps are sufficient and fool-proof in helping you create a welcoming space where you can enjoy your meals. This is sure to offer you good health and abundance.
Step 1: Remove Clutter
The first thing you want to do is remove all unwanted and damaged items from your dining room. These include furniture items as well. You want to start off with a clean and empty room.
This will help you get a perspective on how you want to restructure the layout of the dining room.
Step 2: Clean Up The Dining Room
Next, go on a spring cleaning mission. Wipe down the windows and repair any broken hinges. Remove the curtain and have them washed. You also want to sweep and mop the floor till it’s spotless.
In Feng Shui, cleanliness is key. Especially in a space where you intend to eat your meals.
If you spot any cobwebs, remove them as well. The same goes for any cracks in the flooring or walls.
If you suspect any insect infestation, then have a termite exterminator come in and take care of the problem. You want your Feng Shui dining room to be void of any problems going forward.
Step 3: Get The Right Feng Shui Items
There are several Feng Shui items that can be added to your dining room. These decoration pieces and symbols are key in making your dining room the ideal Feng Shui dining room. Here is what you can look for:
- Plants are a great way to add positive energy to your Feng Shui dining room. However, the right type of plant matters. Opt for lucky bamboos, jade plants, money plants, or even flowers such as geraniums and chrysanthemums.
- Feng Shui decor items can be placed on a console in your dining room. Make sure this console is in the command position though, i.e. against a solid wall. You can place the following Feng Shui decoration items.
- Hang a mirror to make your dining room look bigger and brighter
Step 4: Replace The Wall Paper Or Wall Paint
Replacing your wallpaper if it is worn out is a must. The same goes for wall paint that may be chipping.
A fresh coat of paint is not only going to bring your dining room to life but also create an ideal space for Feng Shui to kick start its cycle of good luck. Here are some colors you can choose from:
- Lavender – lavender fragrance is not the only thing that helps keep one at ease. The color itself can help aid in attaining harmony.
- Sand color – this is going to replicate the element of earth in Feng Shui
- Peach – this color helps create a warming atmosphere
Step 5: Position the Table
In Feng Shui, it is preferred to have a round dining table instead of the usual rectangular or square table.
This is because the round table offers space for everyone to communicate with one another and maintain eye contact.
Thus, fostering feelings of equality and positivity. If you can find a round table near you, it would be a good idea to invest in it for your Feng Shui dining room.
In addition, avoid placing your dining table between two exits and entry points of the room. This can lead to a blockage in the flow of positivity.
Step 6: Make it Brighter
If your dining room is dull and has ill-fitted lighting, you may want to replace them with a brighter lighting fixture.
This is because dim lights can further drain out one’s energy levels. and, you definitely don’t want this while you’re eating your meal.
Moreover, if you have access to a large window in your dining room, then make use of it by allowing natural lighting to come through.
Sunlight is a source of energy that can uplift the presence of positive energy in your dining room.
Step 7: Ensure Ventilation
Lastly, you want to make sure your Feng Shui dining room has adequate ventilation.
Open the window to allow for air to flow in. If you have big windows, avoid blocking the sunlight from seeping in by using thick and dark colored curtains.
Instead, opt for light weight and bright colored curtains. Earth colors such as brown and green colors in this regard work best.
They help promote feelings of happiness and allow for positive energy to grow. White is another color that helps promote feelings of calmness.
Step 8: Utilize Your Dining Room
You can now utilize your dining room for your meals and host events for your friends.
They are sure to feel welcomed when they enter your Feng Shui dining room and leave with a smile on their face.
Good fortune and health are not only going to be on the agenda for them for the evening, but for you as well. Try out the steps given here for the perfect Feng Shui dining room today!
How to Get the Most of Your Feng Shui Practice
Feng Shui is not just a practice, but an art and science. It has been a source for attaining a balance between your energy levels and those of the world around you.
Thus, it is important to ensure the energy you emit is positive. Only then can the surrounding elements fall into balance. For this, you can follow a few additional steps. This is going to expedite the benefits of Feng Shui right away.
- Avoid getting frustrated and angry if the Feng Shui practice takes time. This is going to further delay the process of attaining good luck and prosperity. Instead, be patient and allow things to fall into place.
- Meditate to get rid of negative emotions and energy. This will increase the presence of positivity in your aura.
- Engage in self-reflection and self-discovery. You can do this by engaging in the practice of being mindful of what you do. You can start writing a journal or analyzing your day before going to sleep. This will also help you identify your faults and enable you to improve upon them.
What To Avoid Keeping In Your Dining Room
Here are some items you want to avoid placing in your Feng Shui dining room. If they do happen to be present, remove them immediately:
- Dead or decaying plants
- Decor items that are broken and damaged
- Lamps that are dull and have dim lighting
- Furniture that is damaged, old, or infested with insects and dirt
- Avoid having glass dining tables as they can emit negative energy
- Avoid keeping a dining table that has an odd number of chairs
- Avoid the color blue as this represents the element of water in Feng Shui and can be too overwhelming for a dining room experience
- Make sure the size of the dining room is in proportion to the room itself.
Creating The Perfect Dining Room–Feng Shui It Today!
You can now get started on creating the perfect dining room experience for yourself and your loved ones.
The Feng Shui dining room does not only offer good health but also a boost in good fortune, wellbeing, and prosperity.
Once you have managed to attain the Feng Shui dining room of your dreams, you can move on to other parts of your home and transform them into spaces where Feng Shui can thrive.
So, pull up your socks, and get started! Dedicate the upcoming weekend for a day of cleaning out your dining room and transforming it into the perfect Feng Shui space for cultivation and prosperity! You will regret not having done it sooner!
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.