If you have a living room that is always dead and not giving any positive vibes then you can follow these Feng Shui Small Living Room Layout Ideas and tips.
This not even transform your living room look wise but also will give you a new ambience of your home while transforming your lifestyle. It is also called a feng shui family room, as most of the time, all the members use the living room for daily activities whether watching tv, having discussions etc.
Let us find out everything on Feng Shui Living Room Ideas, Living Room Tips, Living Room Basics, feng shui living room layout do’s and don’ts, design, feng shui living room colours and patterns. These are so simple which even doesn’t require huge cost and efforts.
Table of Contents
How To Feng Shui Your Living Room Layout For Extra Space?
When space is the major concern while enabling Good Feng Shui Living Room in the Home. Below are quick tips that can definitely help you arrange this.
- Create a Good vibe and Chi with nice Paint.
- Use the Energy of the Fire by placing Fireplace.
- Have a small Coffee Table as a Focal Point.
- Use good indoor Feng Shui Plants in the Living Room.
- Remove Unnecessary Clutter from the living room for allowing Chi Flow.
- Another important Feng Shui furniture placement rules are that Since space is the main issue try to use Furniture with Rounded Corners.
Top Quick and Easy Feng Shui Living Room Layout Ideas
According to Feng Shui’s practice, the storage cabinet in the living room must be close to the wall, and the feng shui sofa must also face the door or TV.
Do not back the door, because the back door of the feng shui sofa placement will make your interpersonal relationship not easy. This is applicable to even Feng Shui Small Living Room Layout.
1. Ensuring Sufficient Light In The Living Room
This is one of the best Good Feng Shui Living Room Layout Ideas. If the light in the living room is relatively dark, it will easily make people feel irritable, and then it cannot achieve the effect of alleviating physical and mental fatigue.
Are you finding this post useful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your “Feng Shui Living Room Design Tips” board on Pinterest 😊
Moreover, the ancients said that “the hall bright room is dark”. This means that the living room must have sufficient daylight and the air must circulate. It can be filled with positive energy at any time, then the index of good luck will naturally increase.
2. Shoe Cabinet Height Should Be Appropriate
It is better that the shoe cabinet near the door is not higher than the adult hips, because the shoes you wear every day will be dusty and sandy.
And bring the air into the room. If the shoe cabinet is too high, it will not only block the view but also affect the fortune.
3. Should Not Have A Feng Shui Living Room Mirror Behind The Sofa
There should not be a large mirror behind the sofa. People sitting on the sofa can clearly see the back of the seat from the mirror, which is awful.
And if the mirror is not there, it doesn’t matter if the back brain does not reflect out of the mirror.
Feng Shui in the living room for the whole family should avoid Having a mirror behind the sofa
4. Do Not Hedge The Sofa
If the sofa is in a straight line with the door, it is called “hedging” in Feng Shui. The feng shui floor level of the living room should not be uneven
5. The Feng Shui Living Room Cannot Be A Moving Line
In feng shui living room floor plan should be flat, and there should not be too many steps or differences in height. Some living rooms adopt the design of high and low-level partitions, which makes the floor height change obviously, so the family movement will be bumpier due to the fluctuation of the floor.
6. The Floor Of The Feng Shui Living Room Should Not Be Uneven
The living room is a place where vitality gathers. It should be stable when required. The living room should not be planned in the moving line, which makes people move too often.
The living room is located in the moving line of the aisle, which makes it easy for family gatherings or guests to visit. Otherwise, it will affect the career and interpersonal relationships of the homeowner.
7. If The Feng Shui Living Room Has Beams, It Should Be Covered By The Decoration
If there are beams in the ceiling of the living room, it will form a feeling of oppression. People sitting under the beams will easily cause stress and lose their fortune. As soon as possible to cover the beams in the ceiling of the mezzanine.
If the living room has beams, it should be covered with decoration. The living room should use more round-shaped decorations
The living room is a place where family, friends, and relatives meet, and it is most important to create a lively and harmonious atmosphere.
The circle belongs to the sun and is a symbol of dynamics, so the circular lights, ceiling shapes, and decorations have a warm and lively atmosphere.
8. It’s Not Appropriate To Hang Pictures Of Beasts In The Feng Shui Living Room
Living rooms such as flowers, plants, landscapes, or auspicious animals such as fish, birds, horses, white cranes, and phoenixes are usually less taboo. However, if you like hanging beasts such as dragons, tigers, and eagles.
You need to pay special attention to the heads of the beasts in the painting facing outward to form a defensive pattern. Do not threaten the heads of the beasts inward, otherwise, it is easy. Bring accidents to the family.
9. The Living Room Should Not Be Dark
Fengshui in the living room is full of light first, so try to avoid placing too many potted plants on the balcony to avoid blocking the light.
- A bright living room can bring prosperity to the family, so the wall of the living room should not be too dark.
- When decorating the living room, most people may emphasize the overall aesthetics of the living room rather than pay attention to the feng shui living room.
- In fact, our luck may be related to family feng shui. If we ignore the small details in the feng shui taboo, it may have some interference with our normal home life.
- Feng Shui living room is a university question, it is closely related to our daily lives. When decorating the living room, most people may emphasize the overall aesthetics of the home rather than pay attention to the feng shui living room.
- In fact, our luck is also related to family feng shui. Ignoring the small details in the taboo of feng shui may interfere with our normal home life. The following is a list of:
Feng Shui Taboos In Living Room
TABOOS ARE WHEN:
1. The Ceiling Of The Porch Is Too Low
The space of the porch is the key to air circulation. It should be more spacious so as to facilitate air transportation in the home.
If the ceiling is too low, it is easy to cause oppression, which means that the family is easily suppressed, and it is difficult to have a good day. Therefore, the ceiling of the entrance should be high or low.
2. Villa feng shui loft For Bedroom
Whether it is a villa or an ordinary house, the shape is exactly the basic requirement of the bedroom. It cannot be polygonal or have bevelled edges.
If a loft is used as a bedroom, the hypotenuse of the roof can easily cause a visual illusion, and the polygonal bedroom pattern formed by the hypotenuse will also increase the mental burden. This comes under the Feng Shui Living Room Furniture Layout principle.
And people living in this house are prone to illness or accidents. Therefore, if you want to effectively use the attic of the villa, it is recommended to use it as a storage room.
3. Too much Roof Pitch
Fengshui is generally not a problem on the roof, but there are some European and American houses now. The roofs of these houses are too extreme slopes and shapes, forming a fierce look from the surface.
Triangular roofs or sloping roofs, which are highly inclined, are called “cold shoulders”, which is a feng shui pattern that is not conducive to the accumulation of wealth. The sharper the roof, the greater the negative impact.
A steeply-tilted triangular roof will make the airflow inside and outside the house abnormal; a sloping roof will bias the intake of outside air and make the frequency of the body unbalanced. Living under this deformed roof for a long time, it is easy to become nervous, hysterical, and eventually become depressed.
4. Stairs and Door Straight
No matter what kind of house, you can’t let the stairs and the door go straight, especially the villa. Sometimes the stairs are designed to face the door for the sake of beauty, which will easily lead to the loss of money and happiness.
And the slope of the stairs should be as small as possible, otherwise, it will be difficult to gather gas. The size of the house is also related to the choice of the shape of the stairs.
Spiral staircases can be used in small houses, which is not only conducive to gas gathering but also saves space. Large-space houses can use arc ladders and polyline stairs.
The former is beautiful and comfortable, while the latter is more casual and is a good choice. All three types of stairs can leave a large space for the indoor gas field flow, which not only satisfies the requirements of “hidden turning.
But avoids direct penetration”, but also takes into account practicality and aesthetics. When setting upstairs, try to choose as close to the wall as possible.
5. Entrance Light Selection: Use The Color Yellow
The lantern of the entrance is best-rounded, symbolizing perfection. The white light should be used for the light. The white light represents reason, with decisive and rational judgment.
Which is conducive to family members’ rational use of money. The yellow light represents sensibility, which makes people hesitant and not conducive to judgment. The use of Feng Shui living room colours 2020 yellow lights also makes it easy for family members to spend money unknowingly.
6. Place Heavy Objects In The Center
For a villa, the central location is the most important place in Feng Shui, which is just as important as the human heart. No matter what floor it is, no heavy objects can be placed in this position.
For the floor where the bedroom is set, if there is exactly a room in the middle, it must not be left vacant for a long time. Selecting this room in the bedroom will be regarded as a sign of emperor in Feng Shui.
Living in this bedroom for a long time is important for school and career Development is very favourable. In this way, the villa has become a veritable “house of the emperor”.
7. The Entrance Is Airless, And Debris Is Scattered
The porch is the first space to enter the door. Effective use of this space’s fortune can play a good effect. Don’t set a fan in the entrance to disturb the airflow, and don’t close it too much and block the airflow.
Light a long light at the entrance to light up the entrance, which is conducive to the circulation of air. This is why the god of fortune in Feng Shui likes to patronize. Don’t pile up sundries at the entrance, and various items must be neatly packed to help Feng Shui.
8. Bedroom Chandelier Above The Bed
Many family bedrooms have chandeliers on the top, but if the chandeliers are located just above the bed, it is not good for people.
When a person sleeps in a bed, he or she may feel pressured by the lamp, which is unhealthy. The solution is to move the bed to a place where the chandeliers cannot rest, or simply restless.
9. The Pattern Of The Entrance Corner Pointed At The Door
The porch is a port for receiving air, so the pattern of the floor is suitable for those with auspicious meaning.
Be sure to avoid the pattern of sharp corners facing the door, and do not allow the texture of the wooden floor to face the door. They will also form a fierce evil, which is not good for family luck.
Want to know more about Feng Shui, check out the below articles FYI:
- Feng Shui – Everything You Need To Know What, Why & How
- How To Feng Shui Your Bedroom -The Complete Guide
- Feng Shui For Good Health – A Detailed Guide
- Feng Shui Protection– Everything You Need To Know
- Top 20 Feng Shui Tips To Organize Your Living Room
- Feng Shui For Money and Wealth– Do’s & Dont’s
FAQs on feng shui living room layout
Tips for sofa under stairs feng shui
Sofa under stairs in feng shui is considered bad. As it blocks the energy and gives a sense of insecurity. Always place sofa near a soild wall or a corner of the living room.
best feng shui living room colors?
The best feng shui living room colors are the lights colors that can bring natural light and good vibes like yellow, white, and green. You can definelely add few darker items or painting to complement ligh shades.
Best feng shui living room tv placement
Find below few Feng Shui Tv Placement In Living Room Tips
1) The ideal place to have a TV in feng shui is in the Living room
2) Remember to put the TV at eye level, and in the center of the Room
3) The ideal feng shui direction for TV , is in the north or south side of the room
4) For good feng shui vibes, cover your TV when not used to reduce mirror like effect.
5) Avoid TV in the bedroom, it can hamper your
6) Avoid placing your TV in front of or opposite a window, it can hamper your sight that reflects light.
7) Avoid bold wall colours especially on the back of Tv wall.
Is feng shui living room dining room combo good?
Well, both these combinations are great and make the house spacious and useful even for the smaller living room areas. The only thing to consider is making sure they don’t clash with each other’s energies.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.