If you are looking to do Feng Shui in your living room, you need to start off with the right plants. Here you’ll find Feng Shui living room plants and their dos and don’ts.
If you ask us, we could easily go on for days explaining how indoor plants are great for you. They filter the air, relieve your stress, and provide anyone who owns them with a sense of fulfillment, achievement, and delight.
According to some of the most ancient Feng Shui beliefs, plants or greenery, on the other hand, can help transform your lives and improve the Qi energy of your homes.
Not just this, but several Feng Shui living room plants are said to bring good luck. Naturally, some plants are more successful in this area than others.
The aesthetics and ambiance you want to create in your house will influence the Feng Shui living room plants you choose. The top Feng Shui living room plants include lucky bamboo, money plant, jade plant, orchids, peace lilies, citrus trees, etc.
Keep reading as we discuss these plants in more detail.
What is the Purpose and Importance of Feng Shui Living Room Plants?
The Chinese art of Feng Shui urges individuals to keep plants in their homes. Do not worry if you are only now discovering the benefits of this seemingly harmless concept.
This article will provide you with an overview of some of the home-friendly Feng Shui living room plants that can both help you contribute to the ecological balance and bring you good luck.
In Feng Shui, lucky plants bring good health to your home and also increase the affluence and the riches of the owner.
There are plants with Round leaves, lush foliage, fruit, or stunning blooms. These are all thought of to bring in extreme luck, health, and wealth.
Now let’s look at the plants for the living room for good Feng Shui.
Feng Shui Living Room Plants For Plenty and Luck
1. Lucky Bamboo
Bamboo is also considered lucky in Feng Shui. That is why it’s called lucky bamboo. Let us check the reasons and how to use this in the living room.
- Lucky bamboo is easy to grow indoor plant and adds to the space’s aesthetic appeal.
- With the addition of this attractive plant, you can instantly modify the aesthetic and appearance of a room.
- The number of stems on the lucky bamboo plant is a good luck indicator.
- According to Chinese Feng Shui principles, Lucky bamboo plants reflect the five natural elements of Feng Shui.
- Lucky bamboo symbolizes good fortune and prosperity.
- According to Feng Shui, lucky bamboo is a lucky indoor plant that will bring tremendous energy into your home or office.
- It balances the five elements and is ideal if you put it in the wealth corner of your house or any room’s wealth corner, as indicated on the Bagua map.
2. Money Plant
- Money plants generate a lot of positive energy and, as the name suggests, they bring money and fortune.
- According to Chinese legend, the best effects occur when the plant is planted after one of the prevalent climber sprigs has grown.
- The plant’s rounded edges and glossy leaves are considered a symbol of good fortune in Feng Shui.
- The money tree is a well-known Feng Shui plant for wealth and prosperity that is sometimes given as a present.
- It is considered unlucky to display them in spirituality, knowledge, and marriage domains.
3. Jade Plant
- According to Feng Shui principles, the jade plant is the luckiest of all the succulent plants you can keep at home.
- This chubby and succulent fauna is also popularly known as the dollar plant, lucky plant, money tree, etc.
- The tiny round leaves of the Jade plant resemble coins. It brings good luck and money to its owners.
- As a result, it’s commonly presented as a housewarming present because of its round leaves, which symbolize good prosperity in Feng Shui.
- These plants may be a better money tree alternative for people who have problems keeping plants alive because they are sturdy succulents.
- Like the traditional money tree, you can plant jade plants in the home’s money or health sections.
- You can also hang them in your office to bring good fortune and success.
|Joy, Luck, Wealth, wellbeing
|Place a jade plant in the east direction to strengthen the bond.
|Less water and sun requirements.
- Orchids are one of the most ideal Feng Shui living room plants because they bring beauty and serenity to your living space.
- Orchids are excellent for the bedroom or even the living room since they promote relaxation.
- Orchids are a great way to boost Feng Shui in the home by exhibiting the Feng Shui colors.
- According to Feng Shui, these magnificent blossoming plants offer good fortune and luck.
- It promotes and gives good fortune to relationships, and its pleasant character encourages people desiring a healthy connection to seek it out.
- You can also use a humidity tray that will help them deal with humidity levels that can cause due to AC.
|Orchids increases luck, romance and fertility
|Best place is to place in the center table.
|Direct sunlight, and filtered water in moderation.
5. Peace Lilies
- Peace lilies are Feng Shui lucky plants that provide good fortune and luck.
- The leaves are tall and spiky green, and the blossoms are brilliant white.
- It will provide a peaceful mood in any room. Many people also believe that the peace lily is utilized to remove contaminants from the air.
- Peace lilies are low-maintenance plants that can help to improve the quality of air in any space that you place them.
- Their air-purifying abilities can help improve air quality and restore energetic imbalances in an office atmosphere while bringing good fortune to your home.
|Peace, Enhance Health and lucky
|Keep them in the north to south direction to reduce stress.
|Needs low sunlight, good care and less water.
6. Citrus Trees
- According to Feng Shui, citrus trees bring good fortune and luck to your home.
- Lemon, orange, and lime trees are frequently grown as small shrubs or pots.
- According to Feng Shui, small lemon and lime trees are associated with good prosperity.
- Citrus trees in pots should be placed in your home’s health and prosperity zones, as citrus is a lucky symbol.
|Enhance youthfulness, good luck, prosperity, and abundance
|Place it near to a sunny window or to attract more luck.
|Needs full sun and good water.
7. Rubber Plant
- The rubber plant is associated with money, wealth, and good fortune in Feng Shui.
- Use a rubber plant to help filter the air and harmonize your living area.
- A correctly placed rubber plant can help create a very positive aura for you and enhance your surroundings to become more and more stress-free.
- In Feng Shui, plants that have round-shaped leaves, such as the rubber plant itself, is considered to be a powerhouse for positive energy.
- Rubber plants are also thought to clean the air by eliminating poisons and negative energy.
- Your rubber plant needs you to water them once a week, they must have access to bright indirect sunlight, and the pots should be filled with self-draining soil.
|Plenty, wealth, and Joy
|Place in the southeast corner to relax the sharp points, bring positive energy into the void space, and draw in abundance.
|It needs little care and fertiliser from time to time.
8. Areca Palm Tree
- A palm tree can be kept indoors and is considered a lucky plant.
- Regardless of their size, they always manage to create a serene atmosphere.
- It looks great in any space of the house and functions well as a decorative piece.
- Palms are connected with good fortune, happiness, positive energy, and attractiveness and create a welcoming air.
- In Feng Shui culture, indoor palms are also employed as an air filter to improve balance.
- They can aid in the creation of positive energy when grown indoors.
- Palms are low-maintenance, and people like to keep them in their living rooms more often.
- Palms are trendy indoor plants that provide a touch of natural charm with their airy and tropical ambiance.
|Calmness, wealth, prosperity
|Place large plants in the corner of the room.
|Needs partial sunlight, and requires good fertiliser and filtered water.
9. Snake Plant
- The snake plant gathers poisonous vapors from the air and eliminates poisons when placed in the right spot, and the snake plant is regarded as a plant of good luck.
- It also produces a solid defensive force that shields occupants from negative Qi.
- Snake plants may grow in various environments, from full sun to low light.
- It is a beautiful plant because it absorbs pollutants from the air during the day and releases oxygen at night, bringing excellent health and pleasant energy to those who live nearby.
|Cleansing and soothing blocked energies.
|Keep it near the window to get good sunlight
|Needs good sunlight and water.
11. Arrowhead Plant
|balances life chi energy, enhances happiness, and positivity
|Keep them in the center of the table in the living room, to spread its vibrant energy.
|Requires moderate to low light and moist soil.
13. Fiddle Leaf Fig
|Represents high values, positive energy, kindness, and family support
|Keep it in the corner to uplift the entire room’s energy
|Needs moderate light and less soggy soil
|Represents Wealth and balances the fire element
|Keep in the southeast or east direction, as both are the money corner
|Needs low light, water.
|Bring freshness and calmness
|Keep the plant in the center of the room, to spread its fragrance equally
|Required less care and maintainence
16. Morning Glory
|As the name suggests, it brings new hope, peace and prosperity.
|Keep them in the corner of the room to get good sunlight.
|Needs good sunlight and water frequently.
17. English Ivy
|Minimise negativity and spread happy and positive vibes
|You can use English ivy in the hanging container to showcase its soothing green leaves
|Required low sun light and needs mosist soil
The Chinese art of Feng Shui urges individuals to keep plants in their homes. Plants provide beauty to your home or business, but they also bring the vitality of nature inside.
Scientific studies have also indicated that Feng Shui living room plants are extremely helpful in easing stress. Specific Feng Shui plants bring wealth and good fortune to your home.
Feng Shui suggests placing lucky plants like peace lilies, jade plants, money plants, orchids, lucky bamboo, etc., in your households so that your health and wealth can prosper.
The aesthetics and ambiance you want to create in your house will influence your chosen plants. Of course, there’s the issue of scale and maintenance. People would not want to watch plants wilt since it would give them a bad vibe. The good news is that most of these plants are low-maintenance.
Feng Shui Living Room Plants FAQs
Q: What is the best and most effective plant for the living room in Feng Shui?
Golden Pothos (money plant) and peace lilies are some of the most recommended and effective plants for you to keep in your living room if you want to Feng Shui your house.
Q: · How many plants should there be in a living room for good Feng Shui?
Some of the Feng Shui experts recommend using 2 to 3 full-sized plants in a living room that has enough space for them to be at least 100 ft apart from each other.
However, there is no certain or set number for the number of plants that one should place in a living room.
Q: · Where can you place your Feng Shui living room plants for health?
Feng Shui practitioners recommend that plants that you want in your home or your living room should go in either east, southeast, or south direction, as per the Bagua map.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.