Feng Shui is mostly connected with the art of placement, focusing on the furniture in a house which affects the flow and sense of energy in the area.
A couch can undertake a crucial role in the prospect of Feng Shui. That is why necessary precautions must be taken with the placement and the colors of a couch in your house.
Therefore, the use of a couch can also be guided by following Feng Shui principles to provide not only the necessary comfort but also impact positively.
As one of the essential pieces of furniture in the house for comfort and relaxation, locating the ideal placement can be stressful. Feng shui couch placement can greatly impact your home feng shui. It is very important to ascertain a commanding position for your couch in the house.
If you would like to know How To Feng Shui Couch, this blog is for you. In this blog, we provided 15 rules for placement and colors for the couch.
Finding the right placement and color suitable for your couch will turn your home into a good Feng Shui.
Table of Contents
- 1 Importance Of Furniture Placement In Feng Shui?
- 2 How To Feng Shui Couch: Placement Rules
- 3 What Step To Take If You Find It Difficult To Get The Ideal Couch Position?
- 4 Best Feng Shui Sofa Color Based On Directions
- 5 Should You Put A Sofa In Front Of A Window?
- 6 Feng Shui Couch Facing Door
- 7 How To Remedy The Situation With Front Door-Facing Sofa Directly
- 8 Which Direction Should My Couch Face?
- 9 Feng Shui Couch In Bedroom
- 10 Where A Couch Should Be Placed In A Living Room?
- 11 Which Wall Should The Sofa Be Placed on?
- 12 Back Of Sofa Facing Entrance Feng Shui Good?
- 13 Feng Shui Furniture Placement Rules
- 14 In Conclusion
- 15 How To Feng Shui Couch FAQs
Importance Of Furniture Placement In Feng Shui?
The importance of furniture placement in Feng Shui cannot be underestimated.
To maximize the positive energy and prevent the negative one in your home, it is necessary to consider the furniture placement.
In Feng Shui, furniture placement can determine how energy flows in your home.
Another importance of furniture placement in Feng Shui is that it helps the person sitting on the couch to have a perfect, uninterrupted view and standpoint of anyone coming into the house through the front door always.
How To Feng Shui Couch: Placement Rules
Couch placement can be done by following the Feng Shui rules listed below.
1. Position The Couch Against A Wall
The Feng Shui couch placement states that the couch should be positioned against a wall.
- This is an ideal position that provides good Feng Shui. When a couch is positioned against a solid wall, it induces a sense of protection.
- Ensure the couch in your living room is not placed in the center and should not be placed in front of the window. Prevent floating off the couch.
- Any of these positions will disallow you from having a clear view of what is going on outside.
- Placing your couch against a wall also provides adequate support for the couch. It is recommended to leave a little gap between the couch and the wall to aid the free movement of air and energy.
2. Allow The Couch To Have A View Of The Door
In Feng Shui, there is a command position and this position is important to furniture placement in the house.
- Placing your couch in a command position helps to provide feelings of protection and comfort.
- Command position is a necessary position to place your set of furniture including your bed. A command position helps you to see the front door directly.
- It provides you the chance to see everything that may want to gain entrance into your house, including opportunities, and also recognize the hazard.
3. Ensure The Couch Is Not Placed In A Confrontational Position
There are confrontational positions in which the couch can be placed and it will affect the Feng Shui of the area. These are the two types:
- Placing your couch directly in front of the door will bring bad luck and also expose you to attack. It gives you feelings of insecurity and being venerable to danger.
- When placed two couches facing each other at a close range can make those sitting feel unease. This placement makes people sit to face each other.
4. Move The Couch Away From the Ceiling Beams
Sitting or relaxing on a couch under a ceiling beam is as if you are under load and can make you feel insecure, and discomfort.
The ceiling beam brings bad luck, and that is why you need to move your couch away from under it.
In case, you cannot move the couch, it is advisable to paint the beam using the same color the ceiling is painted to give you a sense of safety and lessen the effect of seeing it.
What Step To Take If You Find It Difficult To Get The Ideal Couch Position?
In a situation where you find it difficult to get an ideal Feng Shui position to place your couch, bring in living flowers or plants in a vase and place them in front of the couch.
This serves as a protection or shield against the inflow of negative energy.
Best Feng Shui Sofa Color Based On Directions
The Feng Shui sofa color can leave a good impression on your living room. You can opt for the Feng Shui elements colors to pick your sofa color.
These Feng Shui 5 elements, namely wood, fire, water, metal, and earth will create a balanced environment. Recommended Feng Shui sofa colors are:
1. East And Southeast Direction
If the sofa is facing the east direction, the Feng Shui element is wood, and the appropriate colors include: blue, or green. These colors are the symbol of growth, development, and a fresh beginning.
2. South Direction
Where the sofa faces the south direction (south corner), the element is fire.
The color that represents the fire element is red. Red can stir up passion, and joy.
Fire is a powerful element that symbolizes power, energy, strength, and authority. Excessive use of this color can intensify aggression, so use it moderately. Get a sofa with accents of red.
3. North Direction
If the sofa faces the north direction and the element is water.
The ideal color for water element color includes black and midnight blue. Use black as an accent color to avoid overpowering. Water symbolizes freshness and purity.
4. West And Northwest Directions
The color of a sofa that faces the west direction is white. This direction represents a metal element. White color symbolizes joy, brilliance, precision, and transparency.
5. Northeast And Southwest Directions
This direction symbolizes the earth element, and the common colors include beige, brownish tones, and earthy brown. This represents stability and support.
Should You Put A Sofa In Front Of A Window?
In Feng Shui, putting a sofa in front of a window is inauspicious.
A sofa in front of a window exposes you to the negative energy entering through the window.
Sitting or resting on a sofa placed in front of a window will affect you negatively.
It may influence you to have a sense of perturbation. This placement also makes you experience discomfort and unrest.
Feng Shui Couch Facing Door
According to Feng Shui, when a couch faces the door directly, the couch is not in a commanding position.
It is like a position of a sofa in front of a window. Couch-facing doors will bring about an unbalanced flow of energy that can have a bad effect on the people living in such a home.
How To Remedy The Situation With Front Door-Facing Sofa Directly
There is a remedy to the situation where you have the front door facing the sofa directly. Here are some remedies:
- Reposition Your Sofa To Another Place: The first remedy to the front door facing the sofa directly is to reposition the placement of your sofa. Move the sofa away from the front door to prevent bad Feng Shui.
- Put Living Plant Or Large Divider Screen Between The Front Door And Sofa To Obstruct the Flow Of Negative Energy: Another remedy to the front door facing the sofa directly is to put a beautiful plant between the front door and sofa to obstruct the flow of negative energy. Alternatively, a large divider screen that is opaque can serve as a solution if you have enough space.
- Put 5 Emperor Coins At The Entrance Of Your Front Door: If you find it hard to relocate the sofa or your space is limited to allow a large divider, a good solution is to put 5 emperor coins at the entrance of the front door to reduce the effect of the energy rushing inside.
Which Direction Should My Couch Face?
In Feng Shui, the most suitable direction a sofa should face is southeast.
The southeast direction is auspicious because this is the direction you have access to intense sunlight coming into your home.
Sunlight releases good energy that is effective in improving the vibes of your home.
Feng Shui Couch In Bedroom
If your bedroom has enough space, you can have a couch in your bedroom. And where you have limited space, restrain from placing a couch inside the bedroom.
It will take up space which may prevent the flow of positive energy. The bedroom is a space for romance and passion, therefore putting a couch in the bedroom can enhance your comfort.
Where A Couch Should Be Placed In A Living Room?
Place your couch against a solid wall. This placement will provide protection and comfort.
Which Wall Should The Sofa Be Placed on?
Place your sofa against a wall that is painted with Feng Shui living room colors like blue, green, yellow, brownish tones, beige, and accents of red to show confidence and power.
The wall should be strong also to accommodate the sofa.
Back Of Sofa Facing Entrance Feng Shui Good?
Sitting on a sofa with its back facing the entrance is a bad Feng Shui.
With this position, you will also be backing the entrance, which means you don’t have the opportunity to have a view of anyone or anything that is forthcoming.
Feng Shui Furniture Placement Rules
It is important to get the ideal placement for your furniture. You will benefit a lot from this. Use these tips for your furniture placement:
- Place your furniture in a commanding position.
- Avoid placing the piece of furniture with its back facing a window: This position disrupts energy flow in and out of your home and makes you turn your back on anything going on outside the window. It blocks your view from seeing the outside of the window.
- Ensure you can have a proper view of the main door from any piece of furniture. It is a bad Feng Shui if you cannot see the main door. Position your piece of furniture to allow you to see the main door to be conscious of what is entering the house. It makes you be relaxed and secure.
- Place your piece of furniture against a strong wall to provide support.
- Give your furniture adequate spacing to prevent cluttering and allow the free flow of positive energy.
Your piece of furniture including a couch and sofa can be a good Feng Shui.
Apart from the comfort they provide, your home can enjoy the positive energy that can attract good luck, prosperity, and wealth.
With the tips provided above, you can find the ideal placement for your couch and sofa.
How To Feng Shui Couch FAQs
Q: Is a Floating Sofa Good for Feng Shui?
The floating sofa is not a good Feng Shui.
The word floating means positioning your furniture to be in the center of your living room, while leaving a space between them.
The right placement for the sofa is to be placed against the solid wall.
This position gives the people sitting on the piece of furniture some level of protection. In essence, the wall provides great support for the sofa.
Q: Should A Couch Always Face The TV?
Yes! A couch can face the television.
The reason for this is to provide enough comfort while watching your television.
To avoid the strain of eyes, and twisting of the neck, it is safe to have your couch facing the television.
Also, you can have a good view of the television. You can relax at any time while sitting or lying on your couch to watch the television.
Q: Where Should I Put My Television And Couch?
Finding the right placement for your television and couch is easy.
If it is achievable, place your couch directly across the television.
In addition, you can put your couch in a position that allows sitting at the center when you are in front of the television.
This position will provide the opportunity to have a total view of your television without stress or strain.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.