Orchids are great house plants and are very popular too. To find out more about Orchid Feng Shui Meaning and how you can use orchids in the house and ways in which you can place them, Read here!
When talking about Feng Shui, what is the one thing that comes to people’s minds? Most people think that Feng Shui is all about moving furniture around or even adding mirrors and using different colors all around.
However, this is not all there is to Feng Shui. It is about understanding the space around us and interacting with it to allow us to be at peace. It is all about co-existing with nature peacefully.
It is all about the energy flow in the house, which is affected by all of these things.
Plants can really help you stay connected to nature in the best way. Not only do plants add to the aesthetic appeal of your home, but they allow you to be as close to nature as possible.
Orchids are one of the top choices for house plants. Not only do they look nice, but they also symbolize luck.
Orchids can be used for luck, wealth, prosperity, love, and lasting relationships. There are several colors available, so you can choose the one that you like. Then, using the Bagua map, you can find out the ideal location for these in your house, based on what you are looking for!
To know more about orchids’ Feng Shui symbolism, use and placement tips, and how you can use them in your house for the maximum benefit, continue reading!
What Does Orchid Feng Shui Meaning?
In Feng Shui, orchids symbolize joy, blessings, and new beginnings. It is not hard to see why orchids are a symbol of beauty. They are such pretty flowers.
The blooms are very complex, and they seem to be looking very flawless at all times. For many centuries, orchids have been a symbol of beauty and grace.
Some Feng Shui experts also believe that orchids have a feminine touch to them, symbolizing fertility as well.
So placing them in your home can bring you luck in abundance and also make your home much purer. Not just that, but they also help make relationships and bonds much stronger amongst family members.
Since these are available in various colors, you can choose what you like best. You can place these in different corners of the house based on the color matching and the aesthetics of that place.
You will see how much additional energy these bring to the house.
Orchids also symbolize patience. It is not very easy to grow orchids in the house. You need to make sure that you spend ample time caring for the plants. But once the flowers bloom, they last very long, and hence they symbolize longevity.
So you can see that orchids are beneficial to your house. They help bring so much abundance and luck to your home.
Using the Orchid in Your Home
You already know how useful orchids are. The following are the several uses of orchids in the house.
In the Bedroom
If you want a healthy relationship between you and your spouse, Feng Shui experts suggest that you place these plants in your bedroom.
- You can place these on the bedside table.
- The Relationship area of the room is also an ideal location for these.
- If you want to start a healthy relationship with someone and are looking to get lucky in love, you can use these then too.
By the Front Door
Placing an orchid plant near the front door is a great idea. Every time someone comes in, they can see this beautiful plant right there, which is very appealing to the eyes.
- You must first choose an orchid in the color that you like best.
- This color should be one that genuinely makes you happy.
- Then you can place the orchid there for a very strong and healthy vibe in your house.
- It also helps with lasting chi in the house.
Gifting to a Friend
Plants are one of the most popular gifting options, especially for nature lovers.
Especially if your friend is someone who is fond of decorating their homes, or is one who believes in the power of Feng Shui, then you can gift them orchids, since they are great houseplants.
- You can get them in the color that they like since there is a wide variety of colors that you can choose from.
- This also symbolizes a long and healthy friendship with the other person.
For Patience and Kindness
Plants require a lot of care. However, there are also some low-maintenance ones. Orchids are plants that require a lot of care. So they can help you cultivate patience.
- The blooms of the plant last for many weeks. However, most people tend to throw them away when they stop flowering.
- This is the ideal time to cultivate patience and kindness by caring for them.
Orchid Colors and Their Meaning
Orchids have a lot of different colors. You can choose the color based on your liking, and also based on what your goal is.
These colors also symbolize different things. So first, you need to know about each of these to make an informed choice.
- Purple: This is the most auspicious color for an orchid. Mostly, you will find orchids in purple color only. It is also a very popular choice for most plant lovers.
- Pink: This is also a very beautiful color that symbolizes love. Many people place pink orchids in their bedroom to get lucky in love.
- Yellow: Yellow orchids are great for stability and strength in the house. If you want relationships between family members to strengthen, this is a great color choice for an orchid.
- White: This is one of the less auspicious colors for an orchid. Most Feng Shui experts don’t recommend white orchids as their first preference for homes. However, if you like white in your home, you can get these. These undoubtedly make your house look really beautiful.
Orchid Placement Tips
You can place orchids in your house to boost luck and wealth. First, however, you need to bear in mind a few placement tips that can help you make the most of these.
Using the Bagua Map
- The Bagua map can help you identify the best locations for the placement of the orchids. Where you place these depends entirely on the area you want to improve.
- The Bagua map is the first step to finding out the different areas of your home and what they are for.
- For example, if you want to focus on improving wealth and prosperity, you can use the Bagua map to help you identify the house area that aligns with that, then you can place orchids there.
- When deciding where to place orchids, consider other factors like the space you have available and the type of lighting in that area.
- Not only will that help you look at the entire appeal of that place in a holistic fashion, but it will also help you focus on how much light the orchids would need for ideal growth.
Places to Avoid
While the Bagua map can ideally guide you about where you need to place these, you need to be mindful of areas you need to avoid.
- You must never place orchids in dark areas. For ideal growth, orchids need bright sunlight. They don’t grow well if they don’t get six to eight hours of bright sunlight.
- If you don’t have places in the house where there is ample sunlight, you can also use artificial lighting.
- If you put orchids in the bathroom, make sure that there is enough air circulation there. Otherwise, they can die very quickly.
Orchid Feng Shui Meaning FAQs
Q: Is the orchid a good luck plant?
Orchids are the top choice of indoor plants. They are also known to bring a lot of luck to your home.
Their large blooms and beautiful colors make the house look much prettier.
By using orchids in the house, you can increase your chances of strengthening bonds between family members as well.
Q: Where can I place orchids in the house?
Orchids need to be placed where there is the most amount of sunlight. These plants need an ample amount of light to grow ideally.
If there isn’t enough sunlight, then these will die out soon. You will see the blooms dry out very soon.
So if you don’t have a place in the house where there is enough sunlight, you can even use artificial lighting to give these the ideal growing conditions.
Q: How do you show orchids outside?
If you plan to put the orchids outside, you need to make sure that you choose a shady spot. Excess direct sunlight is hazardous for the plant.
Not just that, but you also need to make sure that you water the plants regularly for them to be ideally hydrated.
Q: Is lemon juice good for orchids?
Lemon juice is great for orchids since it is a natural source of citric acid. It gives plants all that they need to grow well.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.