How To Use Dowsing Rods? There are various meanings, uses, and placement tips for dowsing rods, Feng Shui. If you are wondering about the significance of a dowsing rod in Feng Shui, read more!
Dowsing can also be used for the same purpose, just like using the Pendulum helps us answer Yes or No.
Dowsing came into being long before the world was introduced to the concepts of electromagnetism.
Dowsers all across the world claim that they have the intuition and abilities to find groundwater, precious utilities, and metals using dowsing or divining rods.
To use these rods correctly, you must hold the rod steady and concentrate on what you are trying to locate. You need to choose the right type of dowsing rods, as well.
Read on as we discuss this.
What is the Meaning of Dowsing When Hunting For Spiritual Treasure?
Dowsers use dowsing rods to detect the energy that comes off of the objects buried in the ground. These objects can be anything from water to metal, gems, fossils, etc.
- When it comes to the interior of your house, dowsing rods Feng Shui can be used to detect several walled-in wirings, ducts, vents, or any other buried objects in the ground.
- The rods react to the forces and energy waves present beneath the surface of the earth.
- It is essential to detect and eliminate such energy weaves as they disrupt the flow of positive Qi energy for the residents around the house.
- Spiritual dowsing is also a way for people to get insights and information about how the energy of the earth will react or work with your spiritual energies.
- Dowsing is similar to finding direction using a compass. While a compass helps you find your physical way, dowsing helps you find the spiritual way using the energy fields of the dowsing rods.
A Brief History of Dowsing Rods in Feng Shui Practices
The concept of dowsing rose to popularity in the early thirteenth century in Europe.
- This was the era when all the important matters were decided using sticks. For instance, courts used sticks to assign guilt, and people used sticks to find directions and buried energy fields.
- Ancient Egyptians and Babylonians were also seen to have used split reeds to find directions.
- The Chinese techniques for Feng Shui are based on sacred geomancy and buildings. You have to look for the right direction and placement for everything. In the Chinese culture, people used dowsing to figure out those directions and placements.
- The Chinese Emperor Kwang Sung, in 2200 BCE, used dowsing techniques for finding directions and energy fields beneath the earth’s surface.
How To Use Dowsing Rods In Feng Shui?
Dowsing has been extensively researched and used for Feng Shui practices in early modern Europe.
- However, scientists have only recently found the basis of scientific principles that dowsing rods use. The concept is defined as the IDEOMOTOR EFFECT, according to scientists.
- The ideomotor effect works on the phenomenon that small muscle movements can be a result of expectations.
- This means that the dowsing rods react to the owners/people rather than the environment itself.
- There are several Feng Shui practitioners that claim that successful dowsers are sensitive to electromagnetic waves and are able to detect them through experience.
- The dowsers themselves claim that they feel and experience the magnetic energy and its fields during the fieldwork.
Tips for Properly Using Dowsing Rods Feng Shui to Detect Energy
If you are wondering what would be the right way to use dowsing rods in Feng Shui, here are a few tips for you:
1. Choose the Right Types of Rods
One of the key things to keep in mind while beginning your dowsing journey is to learn how to choose the sticks. The right sticks will make it a lot easier for you to dowse effectively.
- People can use any natural items as dowsing or divining rods. For instance, people have been using tree branches or sticks as dowsing rods for centuries.
- In the earlier times, dowsers used to pick out forked tree branches from peach, witch hazel, or willow trees. These were known as the Y-shaped dowsing rods.
- Some people also believe in using coat hangers, wire rods, and even pendulums as a dowsing rod if they cannot find a stick.
- There are also L-shaped dowsing rods where the wired end extends downwards to form the L shape. Such dowsing rods are available at New Age stores and online stores as well.
2. Keep the Rods Steady While Dowsing
Using the dowsing rods in the right way is just as important as selecting the right kind of dowsing rods.
- The first thing to do once you select the rod is try and move around with it. Try to control your walk and your style, and hold the rod in your hands as steady as possible.
- Another important thing is to make sure that you hold the dowsing rods parallel to the ground and keep them as such throughout the process.
- Always hold the dowsing rod at an arm’s length from your body and walk really slowly back and forth in the room that you are trying to dowse.
3. Try to Keep Your Focus on the Energy of the Room
The most important aspect of dowsing is that it helps people locate the buried energy fields. This helps them figure out when and where they need newer and more positive energy.
- Dowsing is very helpful in eliminating the stagnant or negative Qi energy around your house or area.
- The Qi of the room needs to be free of any negative energy that can disrupt the positive energy fields for the residents.
- Dowsing can help you detect and get insights into the energy level in your house, workplace, garden, etc.
- Start off by holding the rods in the right position and entering the area you want to detect. Try to picture a path for your energy and see if you can locate it.
- The main objective is to focus and be attentive to the flow of the energy. And even if you cannot do it on your own, the rods can guide you to the energy field right away.
Since ancient times, Feng Shui and dowsing have been complementing each other.
People believe that dowsing plays a very important role in creating a good Feng Shui as it detects the underlying energy fields.
The energy fields that we create through the interior of our house or offices need to have a clear path for positive Qi. Any underlying stagnant or negative energy can disrupt this pathway.
You need to choose the right dowsing rods and use them in the proper way to make sure that your dowsing yields the best results. Paying attention to the energy field will also help you maximize the flow of positive Qi energy for you to benefit from.
If you are still unsure where to start using dowsing rods for Feng Shui properly, you can consider consulting with professional Feng Shui practitioners as well.
How To Use Dowsing Rods In Feng Shui FAQs
How to use the dowsing rods for Feng Shui properly?
You have to make sure that you are choosing the right type of dowsing rod in order to Feng Shui your area.
There are two types of dowsing rods available, one being the Y-shaped rod and the other L-shaped rod.
Besides this, you have to make sure that you hold the rods in your hands as steady as possible so that you can focus on the movement of the rods themselves.
Secondly, you also have to make sure that you are holding the rods exactly parallel to the ground and at arm’s length from your body.
Q: What is the right type of dowsing rod to use?
For use with dowsing rods, people can utilize any natural materials such as dowsing or divining rods in Feng Shui.
For generations, humans have used tree branches or sticks as dowsing rods. Dowsers used to pick out forked tree branches from peach, witch hazel, or willow trees in the past.
This fork-shaped rod was then called a Y-shaped dowsing rod. Even if you cannot find a stick, some people believe in utilizing coat hangers, wire rods, and even pendulums as dowsing rods.
Moreover, the L-shaped dowsing rods are those that are wired and extend downwards to make an L shape.
Q: Do dowsing rods help detect negative Qi energy?
Dowsing rods have been proven to be effective for Feng Shui practices since the mid-thirteenth century.
These rods help you detect the underlying energy fields and figure out the right direction for the positive Qi energy.
The energy fields beneath the surface of the earth can have stagnant or negative energy.
Such energy fields can disrupt the flow of positive Qi energy around your house, office, gardens, etc.
Dowsing rods help to detect these fields through signals and eliminate them so that the area is free of any harmful energy field.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.