Is It Bad Luck To Kill A Cricket? In Chinese culture, crickets are considered to bring good luck to the home. If you want to know more about crickets and whether or not it is bad luck to kill a cricket in the house, read here!
Bug superstitions are very popular across different cultures. There are some bugs that are considered to be good luck charms, whereas there are others that are considered to be bad omens.
The same applies to crickets. Many cultures worldwide have different beliefs about crickets and why killing them is bad.
Table of Contents
- 1 Cricket In Feng Shui Culture? Good luck or superstition
- 2 What Do Crickets in the House Symbolize?
- 3 Why Are Crickets Lucky?
- 4 Killing a Cricket in The House Facts
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions About Is It Bad Luck to Kill a Cricket in The House
Cricket In Feng Shui Culture? Good luck or superstition
In fact, in Chinese culture, there is a lot of history about crickets as well. In the Chinese culture, to be specific, crickets are considered lucky.
They bring good luck and fortune, as Feng Shui experts suggest.
Most people have crickets in different areas of their home, believing that this will help them get lucky in life.
- When crickets enter your home, Feng Shui experts suggest that they can bring endless opportunities for you, and thus you shouldn’t kill them.
- When a cricket enters your home, you should know that something good is coming your way since they bring luck.
In Ancient China, crickets were also used as pets and were known to be really lucky insects. However, the real question remains: is this mere superstition or a fact?
- The truth is that there is no data that confirms that crickets bring good luck, and neither is there any way to prove this.
- However, in Ancient China, people believed that they do, and hence this is something that they have been following to date.
- There is a lot that Feng Shui experts also have to say about the placement of crickets in the house. For example, some suggest that the kitchen and the fireplace are the most auspicious places for crickets in the house.
Find out is it bad luck to kill a cricket in the house!
What Do Crickets in the House Symbolize?
When a cricket comes into the house, it brings luck and positivity.
- According to Feng Shui experts, when a cricket comes into your house, it allows positive energy to spread all across. It means that there will surely be some good luck coming your way.
- Having said that, not all places inside the house are considered to be auspicious for crickets. For example, crickets in the basement aren’t a sign of good luck and can, in fact, lead to misfortune coming your way.
- But if a cricket comes into your living room or your kitchen, it is a good sign.
Why Are Crickets Lucky?
In ancient times, crickets started being noticed as insects that sang just like a ladybug.
That was when crickets became very popular, and from then on, it is believed that they bring luck, wealth, and prosperity to the house. When crickets are in the house, they allow auspicious things to happen.
Besides this, in Chinese culture, farming is of prime importance. In ancient China, farmers believed that if they planted the fields when the crickets signaled them to do so, it would surely bring them luck.
Therefore, they relied on crickets in the field to a very great extent because they believed that the harvest would be great if they were there.
There are a lot of poems that have been written about crickets as well, in light of how they help in different family settings.
There are some who also go very far in their belief. They believe that crickets are considered prophetic. Crickets are found in many colors, but a black cricket is the one that many consider prophetic. It symbolizes knowledge as well.
Crickets in Chinese Culture
In the Chinese culture, crickets became so significant over time that many people pe them too.
- During the rule of the Tang Dynasty, the Chinese grew so fond of crickets that they placed them in cages.
- Some even used them as alarm signals to alert them when someone entered the house.
- During the Song Dynasty, cricket fighting became a very popular sport. Many wealthy people indulged in this sport, and they had a lot of fun with it too.
- Cricket fights were vested on the belief that two male crickets are natural rivals, and they tend to fight each other. However, they don’t kill each other, making this a sport that isn’t bloody.
- In later years, cricket fighting became outlawed.
Is Killing a Cricket Bad Luck?
Now we come to the real question: is it bad luck to kill a cricket?
- In Chinese philosophy, killing a cricket is considered extremely bad. Experts believe that if you kill a cricket that has come into your house, you have made way for misfortune to strike.
- If you have a cricket in your house that you wish to get rid of, then the best way is to place it back outside gently.
- The most important thing you need to bear in mind here is that you cannot harm the cricket at all. It is completely understandable if you don’t like bugs and you want to place them outside. But be very careful when doing so.
- However, if you find a dead cricket in your house, you must remove it instantly since it is a sign of very bad luck.
Where Should Crickets Be in the House?
There are some places of the house that are considered to be great for the placement of crickets.
- Fireplace: Some suggest that having a cricket at the fireplace is a major sign of luck. Crickets love warm areas, and hence the fireplace is one of the most popular places for crickets.
- Kitchen: This is undoubtedly one of the best places for crickets. It can help get abundance in the house as well.
- Wealth sector: Using the Bagua map, you can first locate the wealth sector of the house. Once you know where that is, placing a cricket, there is considered auspicious. It can help get wealth and abundance in the house.
- Love sector: Similarly, locate the love sector of your house using the Bagua map, and then place a cricket there for better luck with love or to help with your relationships.
If you are not fond of insects and don’t like to have them inside the house, then it is a great idea to have a painting of them in the house, since that can bring good luck too.
Some people also place crickets made of crystal as decoration pieces in the house that can help bring good luck your way.
Killing a Cricket in The House Facts
Now that you know all that the Chinese believe about crickets and their significance, you must be wondering if these are mere superstitions or if there is something to back these beliefs up!
- The truth is that there is no scientific backing to these beliefs. There isn’t anything that can help prove these to not be true either.
- The fact that many people tend to have crickets in the house as a sign of good luck has its roots in ancient systems.
- Thinking of this in logical terms, crickets are mere insects that don’t have any proven connection with bringing in good luck.
- Now it is entirely up to you. If you believe in traditions, then having cricket in the house is a good idea.
Frequently Asked Questions About Is It Bad Luck to Kill a Cricket in The House
Q: Do crickets bring good luck?
In most cultures of the world, crickets are known to be auspicious insects that bring good luck. Especially in China, the belief that crickets bring good luck is even more prevalent.
There are many who believe that a cricket’s ability to jump is symbolic of crickets giving us the power to leap over any difficulties that may arise.
A lot of people who don’t like to have crickets in the house keep paintings of them as well so that they can bring good luck.
Q: What does having crickets in your house signify?
When you have crickets in the house, it means that you have fortune and luck in the house as well. It means that you are protected against evil spirits too.
If you kill crickets or banish them, then there are chances that luck can leave you.
Q: What do crickets symbolize?
Crickets symbolize luck, positivity, health, wealth, and abundance. This is the reason why many people want crickets in the house. The belief is backed by the ancient ways of doing things.
Q: What insects bring good luck?
There are many insects that bring good luck. Some of these are ladybugs, dragonflies, scarabs, and butterflies. However, the most popular ones for bringing good luck are crickets.
Q: What attracts crickets the most?
Crickets are most attracted to wool, silk, and cotton. However, what attracts them most is fruit and vegetables, which is why they are found mostly in the kitchen.
Q: What is the meaning of crickets chirping?
In different cultures, people interpret crickets chirping in different ways.
In some cultures, the chirping of crickets is directly related to good luck or as a sign of rain.
While in others, some also consider it a sign of impending illness or death. So, the ways of interpretation differ based on different cultures
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science-based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.