In the Feng Shui practices, this plant’s common name is lucky bamboo and lotus bamboo. It is because of the symbolism of bamboo and lotus. This has been a part of Chinese culture for decades.
Like | Share | Subscribe to FengShuiTricks YouTube channel to get more tips & tricks on Feng Shui.
And you will find this indoor plant in every house, offices, shops, restaurants mainly because bamboo stands for long life and vitality. On the other hand, lotus stands for purity and good fortune.
- How To Use Feng Shui Coins In Wallet For Prosperity
- How To Energize Your Garden With Feng Shui– Complete Guide
- Top Feng Shui Kitchen Design & Decor Idea’s
- How To Feng Shui Your Kitchen- Important Guide
- Feng Shui Guide For Your Living Room– Do’s & Don’t’s
- LAYOUT AND OVERALL VIBES –Feng Shui Living Room Ideas
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is The Origin Of Lucky Bamboo?
- 2 Why Lucky Bamboo Is Considered So Auspicious?
- 3 How To Place Lucky Bamboo in Living Room?
- 4 Lucky Bamboo Placement In Bedroom.
- 5 How Many Bamboo Stalks Are Lucky?
- 6 Is It Bad Luck If Your Lucky Bamboo Dies?
- 7 Can We Place Lucky Bamboo In The Kitchen?
- 8 Can Bamboo Plant Be Kept In The Bathroom?
- 9 What Is The Meaning of Lucky Bamboo In Feng Shui?
- 10 The Feng Shui Lucky Bamboo Plant Arrangments
- 11 What Are The Usages Of Lucky Bamboo?
- 12 How to Use Lucky Bamboo for Good Feng Shui?
- 13 How To Take Care Of Lucky Bamboo?
- 14 Types of Lucky Bamboo Plant
- 15 What Are The Feng Shui Bamboo Benefits?
- 16 What Are The Best Places For Lucky Bamboo In Your Home And Office?
- 17 What Are The Feng Shui Lucky Bamboo Plant – Do’s & Do not’s
- 18 Conclusion
The most common use of this feng shui cure is the use of lucky bamboo in a container arrangement of several stalks. Nowadays not only it’s limited to china but the use of this plant is widely spread and very popular houseplant in thousands of homes. you can now this plant very easily online or any garden, gift shops.
What Is The Origin Of Lucky Bamboo?
Bamboo is a plant that grows everywhere in the world except those places with extremely cold climates. Lucky bamboo the other names are Dracaena sanderiana, Ribbon Dracaena, Belgian Evergreen or Ribbon Plant. Belongs to the tropical west Africa where they grow.
On the other hand, Lotus bamboo which is also called the Dracaena Compacta plant is native to SouthEast Africa. They grow long and are very popularly known as hard to kill plants.
Why Lucky Bamboo Is Considered So Auspicious?
In Chinese tradition, people are considering lucky bamboo to be the most auspicious item of Feng Shui. The reason behind this is because the plant brings positive energy and good vibes. It promotes harmony and protects against bad energy also good for health, peace, happiness, prosperity, longevity.
How To Place Lucky Bamboo in Living Room?
There are many ways you can incorporate this lucky bamboo plant in the Living room. The suggested directions are for placing a lucky bamboo plant in the southeast or east corner of a living room.
Other tips you can use in order to arrange lucky bamboo in living room-
- Setting the lucky bamboo plant on a coffee table is a good idea to prevent chi energy from accumulating. try to place a round-shaped table to life chi energy above the coffee table.
- Side end table or a sofa table are some other choices for placement of lucky bamboo.
Lucky Bamboo Placement In Bedroom.
This Feng Shui plant is used to bring prosperity and good luck. While placing lucky bamboo in the bedroom we must check the directions, which is the southeast corner of the bedroom. We can use Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, and Ten stalks for prosperity, good luck, and wealth.
How Many Bamboo Stalks Are Lucky?
In terms of Feng Shui numbers Six ,Seven,Eight and Nine stalks represents good luck and wealth.
Is It Bad Luck If Your Lucky Bamboo Dies?
There are a couple of reasons if your Bamboo is dying. If your water is hard, salty, hast chlorine and you over-watering, if it is in the soil, causes the edges of the leaves to turn brown.
If you take care of the plant properly and still it is dying then you can change the place to change the energy of the plant.
Can We Place Lucky Bamboo In The Kitchen?
Yes, of course placing Lucky Bamboo in Kitchen Signifies Happiness, you can place it but, remember to locate in the east or south-east corner to maximize its potential. For better results, you can use Lucky Bamboo plants with 3, 5, or 7 stalks as they represent health, happiness, and long life.
Can Bamboo Plant Be Kept In The Bathroom?
Usually, we need to avoid placing bamboo in the bathroom. But you can revert the negative effect of it by placing it where they can be reflected in the mirror.
What Is The Meaning of Lucky Bamboo In Feng Shui?
The meaning and objective of this miraculous plant are that It teaches the ultimate wisdom like how to be flexible and open on the inside. If it’s growing very well this also signifies that our growth is happening smoothly. But on the other hand, if it’s not growing meaning there is some sort of negative energy flowing and you need to keep on the check.
The Feng Shui Lucky Bamboo Plant Arrangments
If you want to have all the benefits then the proper feng shui arrangement should combine and represent all five feng shui elements for good impact which include water, wood, fire, earth, and metal.
- Wood: The Feng Shui lucky bamboo plant (as do all plants) is of the feng shui wood element.
- Earth: There are a couple of ways keeping feng shui lucky bamboo. One way is to fill rocks in a container which also creates a great foundation for growth, representing the earth element.
- Water: We can keep feng shui lucky bamboo in soil and in the water for its vibrant growth which represents the water element.
- Fire: For all the lucky bamboo plants you might have observed that it’s tied with the red ribbon, used as a feng shui cure. This red color is the representation of the fire element.
- Metal: The glass pots use to contain these lucky bamboo plants represent the metal element.
Feng shui practice you might have observed that this lucky bamboo comes into the numbers of stems in a container. Each represents different uses and impacts. Below its explained.
- If lucky bamboo has Two stalks represent love
- Three stalks represent Fu, Lu, Soh in the Chinese language which means happiness wealth and long life.
- Five stalks represent five life attribute that represents wealth spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, and intuitive
- If it contains Six stalks then it represents good luck and wealth.
- Seven stalks mean good health.
- Eight stalks are related to growth.
- Nine stalks are associated with great luck.
- If it has Ten stalks means perfection.
- Twenty-one is a great number which represents a powerful blessing.
So far you were thinking what if Lucky bamboo has four stalks? Then you need to know that this plant never comes in four stalks. The reason behind that in Chinese, This number (4) is associated with death. So next time when you gift this plant to someone avoid four bamboo stalks. Otherwise, it would be considered very rude.
What Are The Usages Of Lucky Bamboo?
Lucky Bamboo in the Chinese culture used from ages to attracts health, prosperity and good fortune for business owners and homes. Nowadays its the best gifting option to anyone you wish good fortune, health, and abundance.
Its maintenance is really cheap and can be grown in both water and soil. It grows towards the light and can be easily changed molted into interesting, decorative shapes.
How to Use Lucky Bamboo for Good Feng Shui?
Bamboo is a very popular Feng Shui cures and lucky charm which represents the symbol of good fortune and prosperity in Chinese culture from ages. In order to get its all benefits its important to know the correct placement in the home and cared for well.
We can place lucky bamboo in your home or office to attract good feng shui energy as well as to enhance the decor.
How To Take Care Of Lucky Bamboo?
Caring for lucky bamboo auspicious plants is really very simple. It only needs light sunlight and can be grown in water and sol both. But still, it needs your love and attention, as it likes to look good, just like you do.
Types of Lucky Bamboo Plant
If we talk about the types of Feng Shui Bamboo plant, then there are two kinds of variety.
- Lucky Feng Shui Bamboo, also called dracaena sanderiana
- Lotus Feng Shui Bamboo also called dracaena deremensis or dracaena compacta
Feng Shui Lucky bamboo is usually small, shrubby plants with flexible leaves. They have several, joint stems and clusters with green and white.
The name Feng Shui Lotus Bamboo comes from its tightly clustered leaves looks like lotus flowers. It has many thick green stems
What Are The Feng Shui Bamboo Benefits?
It is the best Feng Shui l gift for a variety of reasons and occasions, like housewarming, birthdays, anniversaries, inaugurations, awards, appreciation events, and other auspicious events. The other benefits are described below.
Good Luck Charm- Feng Shui Lucky Bamboo
Feng Shui lucky has the power to create harmony at home and promote the overall well being and prosperity of the residences and commercial establishments. Its also said to bring good fortune and luck. In Chinese culture, it also believed that it gives long life and spread purity.
Lucky bamboo is usually tied with a red ribbon and grouped together. These stalks are arranged as two represents love, three as happiness, wealth and long life. Five associated with life that represents wealth, spiritual, mental, emotional, physical and intuitive.
Artistic Creative Design
This Feng Shui plant is available in different patterns and shapes. The steams of lucky bamboo are very flexible and can be turned and twisted easily.
We can place this according to our decor as well. In simple this can go along with any design and patter with home decor
Less Maintenance Plant
This plant required less maintenance, as it can grow in water and soil. In just a little care it can enhance the beauty wherever you are keeping this plant. Since they are indoor plants, so required less sunlight as well.
It can give a great look when we are placing this into water. We can enhance beauty even more by adding different colored rocks and stones.
You just need to replace water frequently if you are growing in the water. You can also go through this page, in order to understand the tips for growing into water.
What Are The Best Places For Lucky Bamboo In Your Home And Office?
Placing the Feng Shui Lucky Bamboo plant is too crucial in order to showcase its energy. Because, if placed correctly, the lucky bamboo plant Arrangement can really help attract positive energy in the house and in Office
For the best feng shui, your lucky bamboo should be kept in your wealth & money or health Bagua areas.
So there are 2 vital areas where you can locate or place the feng shui lucky bamboo plant-
- East: When used in East direction, the lucky bamboo plant helps attract awesome health for family members.
- South-East (SE): SE is the zone of money & wealth. So, a bamboo plant here will help the finance status & bring in more money into the family.
What Are The Feng Shui Lucky Bamboo Plant – Do’s & Do not’s
What to Follow
- Choose a vase that’s at least 2 inches wider than the plant, so that it can grow freely.
- We can put polished stones & pebbles into the vase. It will make the vase attractive, also helps keep the bamboo plant straight.
- Keep the plant indoor your home.
- Lucky bamboo can grow in filtered or distilled water. So then try to use clean water.
- If you notice the leaves turning yellow then you can keep the water sit for a whole night before use.
- Cut yellow leaves immediately as it can add negativity to the environment.
- Replace the clean water at least once in 2 weeks.
- Keep on loving them & they’ll shower love on you.
What to Avoid
- As lucky bamboo loves clean water, don’t mean you overwater the plant.
- Replace water for proper growth twice a week.
- Bamboo doesn’t require direct sunlight; so it’s to be avoided.
- Make a clean environment for them to avoid negativity near the plant.
Did you find this post useful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your “Feng Shui Lucky Bamboo” board on Pinterest 😊
As you have read all its miraculous healing power, Lucky bamboo plant is a Feng Shui enhancer. The next time you find someone selling it, go and buy them. Also, place inside your homes. It is also the best gifting option for any occasion be it marriage, birthday’s, inauguration, party.
Lucky bamboo is great for bringing positivity and safety into their homes. Also, it invites prosperity and luck. Other than this its the best decoration indoor pants which can match with all the interior.
And lastly don’t forget to love them unconditionally in order to gain it back.