What Are The Feng Shui 5 Elements?
The Yin-Yang energy has five classes of basic movements represented in the 5 elements theory of the five Feng Shui elements, they allow a simple understanding of the manifestation of energy or Chi.
It uses five elements of nature: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water. These elements manifest in a cycle that can be creative or destructive. We will understand Feng Shui elements meaning in detail below sections.
Feng Shui Fire Element
Fire as a vital element is usually associated with heat, movement and energy. Many things in our world depend on combustion, such as cars or heating, and the same human beings depend on life on the element of fire par excellence: the Sun, a star in permanent combustion.
Fire is associated with Feng Shui the color red, as well as triangular or pyramidal shapes. On the other hand, any electronic device in our environment that generates heat is associated with fire: mobiles, computers, television, lamps, landlines, DVD’s, glass-ceramic, ovens, etc. In fact, the quintessential fire feng shui room elements in balance any house are the kitchen.
Also in its positive aspect, fire represents dynamism and activity. In its negative aspect, when presented in excess it can be a great destroyer, reducing the world to ashes.
Objects that represent fire are:
- Pictures, photos or posters of the sun
- Elements of pyramidal or triangular shape
The fire element has the following correspondences:
- Movement: Up
- Associated forms: Triangle and pyramid
- Magnetic directions: South
- Season: Summer
- Numbers: 9
- Feng shui element Colors: Reds, violets, pinks, oranges
- Organs: Heart and small intestine
- Trigram: Fire
In the cycle of Feng Shui elements or Japanese Feng Shui Element, fire is the creator of the earth, destroyer of metal, and inhibitor of wood. In turn, it is created by wood, destroyed by water, and inhibited by the earth.
Feng Shui Water Element
Water as an element is associated with the source of life. It is an extraordinary element, necessary for the survival of the human body, and one of the most powerful resources in Feng Shui. to make cures.
The water element is associated in Feng Shui with the dark blue and black color, as well as with the wavy shapes (it is represented with a wave). In its positive aspect.
It is an element in permanent movement, associated with intelligence since intelligence always finds a way to overcome obstacles. In its negative aspect, it is usually related to fear and fear, especially in large bodies of water.
Objects that represent water are:
- Pictures with images of rivers, seas, lakes, rain, waterfalls, etc.
- Fountains, aquariums, ponds, fish tanks
- Objects of irregular or wavy shapes
- Environments with predominant color in blue or black
The water element has the following correspondences:
- Movement: Ascending
- Associated forms: Waves, ripples
- Magnetic directions: North
- Season: Winter
- Number: 1
- Feng shui element Colors: Dark blue and black
- Organs: Kidneys and bladder
- Trigram: Water
- Appearance: Yang
In the cycle of the elements, water is the creator of wood (irrigates trees), destroyer of fire (quenches it) and inhibitor of metal (corrodes it).
In the school of forms, water is an essential aspect of the landscape. While the mountains are the yin aspect, the water represents the yang.
In the perfect landscape, the water must be ahead and in order for it to accumulate Chi (vital energy), it must be calm since if it runs too fast (waterfalls, rapids, etc.) it will be difficult to retain it.
Lakes and ponds in front of the houses are in principle beneficial. If, on the other hand, our house faces the sea, although visually it can be very pleasant, in Feng Shui the ideal is that there be some small island in the middle since an excess of wind or waves can be too violent for a correct flow of Chi.
Feng Shui Earth Element
The earth as an element of Feng Shui connects us with the solid and the stable (as the saying goes “put your feet on the ground“). The force of gravity is the expression of the energy of the earth: on the one hand, it allows us to hold onto the planet, although on the other it generates a sensation of weight.
In its positive aspect, the earth, therefore, represents solidity and stability. On the negative side, when presented in excess it can generate a heavy sensation that slows down and even stops movement.
Objects that represent the earth are:
- Pictures, pictures of images of mountains and fields in general
- Ceramic and clay objects, chandeliers, plates or vases
- Square or cubic shaped elements – square shaped
- Furniture, picture tapestries, ceramic floors, rugs, etc.
The earth elements in Feng Shui has the following correspondences:
- Movement: Horizontal
- Associated shapes: Square and cube
- Magnetic directions: Northeast, Southwest and Tai Chi (center)
- Station: Change of seasons
- Numbers: 2, 5 and 8
- Feng shui element Colors: Yellow, ocher, terracotta, brown
- Organs: Stomach, spleen, pancreas
- Trigram : Earth and mountain
In the cycle of the elements of Feng Shui, the earth is a creator of metal, destroyer of water and inhibitor of fire. In turn, it is created by fire, destroyed by wood and inhibited by metal.
Feng Shui Wood Element
Wood corresponds, within the cycle of the elements of Feng Shui, with energy in the growth phase.
It is associated with green and blue-green tones, as well as rectangular shapes. In its positive aspect, it is related to renewal, creativity, movement. In its negative aspect, when it is presented in excess it can generate competition and discord.
Objects that represent wood are:
- Above all, green , live and healthy plants
- Pictures or photos with images of trees, forests, flowers and plants
- Objects made from wood, wicker baskets, etc.
- Objects of rectangular shapes
- Objects of blue or green color
The wood elements have the following correspondences:
- Movement: Expansion, growth
- Associated forms: Rectangle
- Magnetic directions: East and Southeast
- Season: Spring
- Numbers: 3 and 4
- Feng shui element Colors: Greens and blues
- Organs: Liver and gallbladder
- Trigrams: Thunder and wind
In the cycle of Feng Shui elements, wood is the creator of fire, destroyer of earth and inhibitor of water. In turn, it is created by water, destroyed by metal and inhibited by fire.
Feng Shui Metal Element
Let’s go to the last of the elements of the energy cycle in Feng Shui: the metal element. The metal phase of matter is dense and compact. Being the centripetal metal energy (directed towards the centre) corresponds to how the circle or sphere forms.
And is associated at dusk or at the beginning of the night, representing the concentration of energy, thought, depth, and also wealth ( Feng Shui Money, Feng Shui Jewelry).
This energy manifests through all shiny, mirrored, white, or metallic surfaces. In Feng Shui, its positive aspect is associated with concentration, introspection, and self-discovery (since the direction flows inwards), strength, honesty, and justice.
Are you finding this post useful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your “Feng Shui Basics” board on Pinterest 😊.Do follow me at FengShuiTricks Pinterest for more such exiting Feng Shui Pins, Board, and Videos.
Also in its negative aspect, it is associated with the construction of locks, padlocks, weapons, cells, or cages, that is, everything that restricts freedom or places limits and order. In fact, metal represents experience, maturity, but in excess, it increases the risk of being authoritarian and cold.
Objects that represent metal are:
- Pictures and images with sunsets (sunset), children
- Round or curved
- Elements – coins, metal elements, photo frames
- Household appliances, electronic devices, lamps and metallic sconces
The metal element has the following correspondences:
- Inwards Associated forms: Circle and sphere
- Magnetic directions: West and Northwest
- Season: Autumn
- Numbers: 6 and 7
- Feng shui element Colors: White, gray, metallic (silver or gold)
- Organs: Lungs and colon
- Trigram: Lake and sky
In the cycle of Feng Shui elements, metal is the creator of water, destroyer of wood and inhibitor of the earth. In turn, it is created by the earth, destroyed by fire and inhibited by water.
Find below my top picks on feng shui elements decorating items for the home, office.
- COST-EFFECTIVE FENG SHUI BRACELET SET--One order including 8 pcs Feng Shui Pi...
- MEANINGFUL PI XIU BRACELETS--The amulet bead bracelets with Pi Xiu have deep...
- Height: 6 inch
- Evil Eye Protection: Evil eye decor repels bad energy, brings good vibes, luck,...
- Unique and Original: Elegant handmade home decoration ornament with stylish and...
- Commemorate family with handcrafted sculpture representing a family of 5
- Handcrafted and cast using the sand casting method.
- Wall Sculpture that Breathes Life into any space, Home, Office, or Ceremonial /...
- Brings Positive Vibrations and Energy of Creation, Perfect for Meditation...
Last update on 2023-03-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The 5 Feng Shui Elements Cycles
- Creative cycle: Wood fuels fire; from the ashes of fire the earth is born and inside it, the metal arises; the metal condenses on the surface the water and the water feeds the plants and trees from which the wood is born. This cycle appears in all the creative processes of nature.
- Destructive or control cycle: The elements destroy each other to be reborn again. The elements are not in balance, but they control each other, coming to prevail over each other. Excessive fire melts metal; metal cuts and destroys wood; excess wood rots and chokes the earth; the earth muds or absorbs the water and the water extinguishes the fire.
The five feng shui elements are constantly changing, in a continuous cycle of destruction and creation. With the application of these cycles in homes, it can be promoted in different areas.
Feng Shui Five Elements Bracelet
The Feng Shui five elements bracelets are based on Wood, fire, earth, gold and water. The five elements of bracelet colors are fixed, and they cannot be arranged randomly with:
- Fire—blood chalcedony
- Gold-car ammonite
- Water—lapis lazuli
A five-element bracelet surrounds wine and money, symbolizing money rolling money.
It has the functions of gathering wealth, prospering wealth, warding off evil spirits, and ensuring the safety of diseases and disasters. Wearing it can strengthen the body, ward off evil spirits, and be blessed by gods. It can bring courage and confidence to people and fill them with positive energy.
No matter what holy thing you wear, you must have a positive attitude, be upright, have good intentions, do more good deeds, and you will be able to preserve the experience.
Feng Shui 5 Elements Directions
Feng Shui elements represent the five basic elements that the whole world is made up of namely fire, earth, metal, water and wood. This capability of sectors also represents the five basic elements that need special mentioning and attention.
I’m pretty sure that you are aware of the fact that there are eight Feng Shui elements directions in all viz.
- Direction North
- South Direction
- Direction East
- West Direction
- Direction Northeast
- Northwest Direction
- Direction Southeast and
- Southwest Direction
Furthermore, in Feng Shui, each direction is represented – or governed – by one of the five elements.
Feng Shui Elements Birthday Calculator
The Feng Shui elements birthday calculator is associated with the KUA number whose formula is a personalized formula that divides people into groups from the east or west. In this way, compatibility is sought with the homes where they reside and of course, also with people.
Find more on:- What Is Your Feng Shui Birth Element- Everything You Need To Know
On the other hand, it simplifies the special guidelines that each person has based on this KUA number.
It allows us to understand both ourselves and others much better, as well as knowing in which orientation we rest better, study more easily or generate more wealth.
- With the last two digits of the year elements of birth, the digits are added up to a single-digit result.
- We subtract the number 10 from that digit
- If the result that comes out is 5, it becomes the number kua 2
- Male, born 1969, 6 + 9 = 15; 1 + 5 = 6; 10-6 = 4
- With the last two digits of the year of birth, the digits are added until a single-digit result
- We add to the result the number 5, if the result is two digits, the digits are added so that it is a single number.
- If the result is 5, it becomes the number Kua 8
- Woman born in 1971, 7 + 1 = 8; 5 + 8 = 13; 1 + 3 = 4
What is My Feng Shui Elements?
Now after all this above information, this is the most obvious question “What is my Feng Shui element? OR How do I Find My Element ?” Below is the Feng Shui Birth chart to understand your Feng Shui Element based on your birthday. we calculate by the last digit of your lunar birth year, which determines your element like below.
- Metal: Birth years ending with 0 or 1.
- Water: Birth years ending with 2 or 3.
- Wood: Birth years ending with 4 or 5.
- Fire: Birth years ending with 6 or 7.
- Earth: Birth years ending with 8 or 9.
What is Feng Shui Elements Chart
Feng Shui is a science of energy flow in live spaces and the vibrations they create in the environment leading to positive or negative changes in personality and human beings. You can find the complete information on Feng Shui Elements Chart.
Feng Shui Elements For Personality
Human personalities are comprised of the Five Feng Shui Elements: Fire, Earth, Metal, Water, and Wood. Your dominant element is called your personal elemental!
Remember, the goal of Feng Shui is to strike the right balance for you your family while aligning with Nature’s harmonies. Check the above “What is My Feng Shui Element?” and find your element.
- Personal Key For Fire Elements in Feng Shui: You have a major fire element! You are a loving, playful, passionate, and natural-born leader. You will succeed by being warm-hearted and generous. Enhance your sloka with fire, nourish it with wood, or prevent it from watering.
- Personal Key For Earth Elements in Feng Shui – You are guided by the Earth element! Regardless of what is real, physical and experiential, you are stable, honest and diplomatic. You will succeed by practicing in mind and staying “at the moment”.
- Personal Key For Metal Elements in Feng Shui – You have an abundance of metal elements! You are strong, independent and a clear communicator. You will succeed in being less opinionated, accepting the changes and leaving the past. Enhance your sloka with metal, nourish it with earth, or prevent it from fire.
- Personal Key For Water Elements in Feng Shui. – Your nature is influenced by the water element! You are reflective with a tendency to be creative, sensitive and introverted. You succeed with “flow” but can often internalize deep emotions.
- Personal Key For Wood Elements in Feng Shui– you have a wood element prevalent in your nature! You are sensible, methodical and disciplined. You will be able to plan ahead, start new projects and control anger. Enhance your arch with wood, nourish it with water and be restrained with metal.
You may like related articles on
How the Four Celestial Animals Can Help You Attract Abundance to Your Life
Feng Shui Office Desk For Good Luck & Career Success
How To Use Feng Shui Black Obsidian Wealth Bracelet + Benefits
Types Of Business and Feng Shui Elements
I hope you have discovered your element by the above section What is My Feng Shui Element. Now the table below will give you a basic understanding of how businesses are connected to the Feng Shui element according to their main energy.
|Feng Shui Element||Type of Business Based on Elements|
|Fire||It Will suit businesses like Creative Studios, Cafes, Retail, Sports-related, and Restaurants.|
|Earth||Will have more fair chances of success in businesses like Construction, Hospitality, Real Estate Development, Agriculture-related, etc.|
|Metal||You can try your luck in either Tech Industry, Government Offices, Architect offices, and Banking/Financial/Accounting,|
|Water||This element will have more chances in Cleaning Services, Temp/Recruitment Agencies, Healing Businesses, Beauty Industry, etc.|
|Wood||Education, Day Care, Floral Business, Clothing, Travel Agencies, Publishing Industry, will be the good options.|
how to balance feng shui elements?
Balancing all feng shui five elements are essential in order to attain a certain level of happiness and peace. It’s really an art and easy to incorporate into our daily activities. Find below all the ways to harmonise good vibes by balancing all the essential five elements.
|Elements||Best Color||Room||Personality||Do’s||Do Not’s|
|Earth||Browns, yellows, Red & oranges||Best used in the living rooms and dens||Stability and strength||Mix with Metal Element||Avoid Earth with the wood element|
|Metal||Grey and white||Found in the kitchens and bathroom||Creativity & Innovation||Mix with the water element||Avoid with the fire element|
|Water||Dark blues and blacks||Best for prayer, meditation and study room||Reflection & creation||Go well the wood element||Avoid using with Earth element|
|Wood||Green, yellow and wooden tones||Front door, Main gate and hallways||Growth and Happiness||Go well with the fire element||Avoid with a metal element|
|Fire||Reds, oranges and yellow||Mostly found in the bedrooms||Desires and passion||Mix with Earth||Avoid with the water element|
5 Elements and the Animals
Find the below table that represents animal based on the elements used in feng shui.
|Feng Shui Five Element||Four Celestial Animals|
|Earth||Ox, Dragon, Goat, Dog|
How To Use Feng Shui Bagua Elements For Home Design
Bagua in feng shui is very important to find the best areas for wealth, career and entire life. To find you can place the career area of your home where your compass indicates North direction. whereas the South direction would be your reputation area, the East will be ideal for your feng shui health area.
Check out the complete blog on What is Feng Shui Bagua for home.
decorating with the five elements of feng shui?
- Water: Add a water feature like fountain.
- Fire: Add a fire place to your living room or backyard.
- Wood: Adding feng shui friendly plants would be a great idea.
- Metal: You can incorporate Wind Chimes and Bells.
- Earth: Use Natural crystals and stones.
Common questions on feng shui elements
Q: Which element is thermocol in Fengshui?
Thermocol is made of Polystyrene, which is plastic and is 100% recyclable. Since plastic is made from the extracts of elements like earth or metal, Therefore thermocol is a part of the earth and Metal feng shui element.
Also, read below Chinese zodiac signs predictions for the new year 2022.
In conclusion, we will find balance by bringing together the 5 feng shui elements in every aspect of our life, nothing in excess but in the right measure.
If we do not feel well, we may have an excess in some elements. For example, if we are depressed we may have a lot of water elements, if we feel drowned or burdened, stagnant.
Without work or with a monotonous life we still have too much land, if we are fed up or have a cold environment at home we may have excess metal or if we are overexcited by fire. Remember that the secret of Feng Shui’s influence on an active life is in the dose.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.