Feng Shui Lighting Tips For Home? Your home’s lighting plays a huge role in making your home comfortable and allowing energy to flow through. Click here to find out more about Feng Shui lighting tips for home.
Feng Shui is all about creating positive energy in your surroundings. Lighting is a very important part of Feng Shui, which affects the flow of energy in your house. Light represents the fire element. This means that it is one of your house’s strongest forces of energy.
So, you must make use of correct lighting in your house to allow energy to flow through it well. Feng shui also has suggested for lighting an incense to increase a good vibe at home.
For the right lighting in your house, you need to focus on the light intensity, the types of bulbs used, and your house’s colors. Not just that, but you also need to focus on ensuring that natural light comes into your home.
Lighting up the external areas of your home is very important. You also need to be extra careful with the entrance area lighting. Using lamps is a very popular idea to light up your home. You must ensure that your house is lit well, but make sure to not over brighten it.
Here are some Feng Shui lighting tips for the home that you can use to surround yourself with positive energy.
Table of Contents
- 1 Feng Shui Lighting Tips For Home
- 2 FAQs: Feng Shui Lighting Tips for Home
Feng Shui Lighting Tips For Home
A well-lit home adds to your home’s aesthetics and helps you bring more life to your surroundings. You can keep these lighting tips in mind to help you.
1. Check Light Intensity
The first thing that you need to do is check the light’s intensity.
- To ensure that our home is well lit, pick out great quality lights. Poor-quality lights fail to light up the area as needed, affecting the flow of energy in your house.
- When your house is well lit, energy flows well throughout the house. When checking the light intensity in your house, check the areas with too many shadows.
- These need light the most. Also, check the areas of your house where sunlight does not enter. You need to make sure that these areas are well lit.
- You also need to check how glare can cause poor lighting in some areas. The entire purpose is to make sure that there is enough light in all areas. This is important so that energy can flow freely throughout.
2. Choose the Right Bulb
You also need to pick the right bulb so that you can lighten up the area in the best way.
- Halogen, LED, and full-spectrum bulbs are the ones that are highly recommended. These provide the best types of light.
- So you should check which of these works for you. You must remember that brighter lights work for larger areas, whereas softer ones work for smaller spaces.
- So based on the requirements of your house, you can choose which one you want to pick.
3. Check Light Coloring
- Feng Shui also places great importance on coloring. The seven chakras are closely related to energy flow, so you also need to focus on that.
- For example, you can use orange color for your relaxation areas. The orange color is a relaxation color and helps soothe the eyes.
- Similarly, Feng Shui experts believe that green is a great color for the bedroom and blue can be used for your office.
- So you can use several different shades of these colors based on which one suits your needs and preferences best.
- Feng Shui experts suggest that you use the purple color in moderation. You should use purple color through décor elements like pillows and decoration pieces.
- Red is one of the strongest colors, and you can use it for dining or living rooms. It can add to the brightness of your living space and can help you add a very strong vibe to it.
4. Light Up Exterior Spaces
- Many a time, the house’s exterior areas like the balcony and the garden aren’t lit well. Remember that your entire house needs to be lit up well for energy to flow through correctly.
- When the outer areas are lit well, positive energy can flow well. You can install outdoor lamps or LED faux solar lanterns.
- These can help you beautifully light up the exterior of your house. You can even use ceiling lights or LED string lights. These can help balance the flow of energy in your home.
- Many people feel that sunlight is enough to cater to the lighting needs in outdoor spaces. But sunlight is not enough alone.
- Sometimes, sunlight doesn’t balance the flow of energy. Plus, you need to have some light in those areas when it’s dark.
- Remember that Feng Shui is not only about illumination but also about balancing the flow of energy using the right lighting!
5. Light Up the Entrance Well
- The entrance of your house is one of the most critical places. You need to focus greatly on lighting up the entrance of your home well.
- This is the place from where the energy flows into your house, so give entrance lighting the most importance.
- You can install lanterns or wall scones on the sides of the door. Alongside the aesthetic appeal, they also light the entire area up very well.
- If you have any burned-out bulbs here, make sure to replace them soon.
- Feng Shui experts believe that you increase your chances of getting good luck when you light up the entrance well.
- You can even install a chandelier at the front entrance. It makes your home much more beautiful and allows good chi to flow through.
6. Add in Lamps
- There might be a lot of areas in your home where you feel that light is inadequate. In these areas, you can add lamps to balance energy flow.
- The best part about lamps is that they look great and are also very convenient. Moving them around is very easy too. You can also change the placement as the need arises.
- You can add floor and table lamps to brighten darker areas. It is also a great idea to use torchiere floor lamps since they allow light to shine right through the ceiling.
7. Avoid Low Hanging Lights
- Feng Shui places great importance of symbolism. Feng Shui experts suggest that you avoid all sorts of low suspended lights.
- Any light that hangs down from the ceiling is not considered good for your home. It can bring bad luck in.
- For this reason, barn lights, and pendant lights are not good lighting options. Instead, use any other light fixtures that you like and those that allow light to be equally spread throughout.
- This is important to allow energy to flow through. It is one of the most important Feng Shui lighting tips for home.
8. Make Sure to Avoid Overbrightness
- Overdoing anything is bad—the same works for Feng Shui lighting principles.
- Make sure not to use extra lighting. That will make your home too bright, which isn’t pleasing to the eye, nor is it comfortable.
- The light needs to be just enough for you to ensure a good flow of energy. Apart from that, striking the right balance is important too.
- You can add in extra lamps where you feel you need a little more lighting, but make sure not to overdo it.
9. Dimly Light the Bedroom
- Your bedroom is where you relax and unwind. So, you need to light it up accordingly as well. The lighting should allow you to relax and be at ease.
- You should use soft lights for your bedroom. In addition, you can use bedside lamps. These are the best lighting options that you have.
- The placement of light in the bedroom is also very important. Whichever type of lighting you choose to go for, make sure that you don’t place it right above your bed.
- That can lead to eyesight issues and is also not comfortable. Just opt for the dimmer light options available so that your bedroom can be the most comfortable spot for you!
- With these Feng Shui lighting tips for home, you will be able to make your home much more comfortable and will also be able to attract all the positive energies.
FAQs: Feng Shui Lighting Tips for Home
Q: What are three tips for lighting your home?
The first thing is to understand the different types of lighting available. Next, you need to start with one point in your house.
This has to be the main lighting point in your house. From there onwards, you can move from room to room and consider the different lighting options in each.
Q: How do you get the right lighting in your house?
You must use three main light sources- general lighting, specific lighting, and ambient lighting so you can get ample light in the areas where needed.
You also need to ensure that there is enough natural light from the sun coming into your home.
Q: What kind of lighting is best for a house?
Fluorescent bulbs are the best type of light for your home.
They give you just the amount of light you need and also look really good at the same time.
You need to first check where you need light and then place these accordingly.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helping people to enhance their lives by sharing Feng Shui related information at FengshuiTricks Youtube Channel. Check out more