The roof styles are equally essential. Roofing layouts that contradict harmony (the attribute of being composed of exactly comparable pieces facing one another or along an axis) are not regarded favorable for Feng Shui, says Feng Shui professionals.
The roof shields the structure from direct sunshine, rain, as well as wind. These considerations must be taken into account while planning the roof shapes for houses. Furthermore, according to Feng Shui, the style of the roof might provide good fortune to the residents.
Throughout this article, we’ll look at some of the most popular roof styles and colors, as well as what they represent and also how the shape of the roof affects house owners.
Significance Of Rooftops In Feng Shui
Feng Shui concepts, which include roof layouts for modern buildings, aid in the creation of pleasing architectural layouts and soothing home furnishings.
- The ideal roof layout, as per the traditional China rulebook, is one approach to Feng Shui, a house for prosperity and good fortune.
- Rooftop styles and home constructions are not only essential features that give security, but they also bring visual enjoyment in today’s society.
- Under Chinese Feng Shui, the household design includes windows that signify eyes, the main entrance that symbolizes the mouth of the building, and a roofing layout that signifies the head of the residence.
- To establish Feng Shui a house for prosperity, structural layouts, particularly feng shui rooftop types, components, and colors, must be properly matched.
- The rooftop type and colors must complement the external concept of a Feng Shui home. The roof shapes ought to be sturdy and the resources used must be of the finest grade.
11 Types Of Roof Shapes For Houses And Their Meaning In Feng Shui
Find below Roof Shapes For Houses In Feng Shui, their meaning, significance , benefits and impacts on the family members.
1. Pitched Roof
- Pitched roofs seem to be the most prevalent form of roof seen on inhabited residential properties.
- They offer the extremely functional goal of water dispersion, ensuring that a property is protected from the harmful impact of water harm.
- Pitched roofs have a fiery element to them and go well on rectangular or square-shaped houses.
- Houses with excessively high and sharply pitched roofs are prone to causing domestic strife and tension.
- It could, nevertheless, be helpful to inhabitants who perceive fire energy to be a positive aspect.
- Anyone in the energy or food fields would benefit greatly from such residences in terms of career growth and accomplishment.
- They work much better when the home faces the south, but they might contradict if the house faces the north.
2. Flat Roof
- Horizontally flat roofing construction is known as a flat roof. However, despite the fact that they seem to be flat, they are not really flat because of sewage channels installed to manage the flow of water.
- They are, nevertheless, regarded to have a flat layout feature in regards to feng shui. Flat roofing is associated with the earth element, as well as the earth broadly
- Flat roofs fit in perfectly with ground chi that a dwelling controls as per the universe’s trinity of good fortune because the ideal designs of dwellings are squares.
- They are symbols of steadiness and growth. As a result, it would be appropriate for academics, entrepreneurs, and those working in real estate-related fields.
- Residences overlooking northeast or southwest benefit well, whereas those facing east or southeast probably do benefit as well under this roof shape for houses.
3. Circular Roof
- Roofs that are round, ovoid, spherical, even dome-shaped are unusual in apartment buildings.
- Metal elements are represented by circles. They are appropriate for people in the production, military, clothing, and other fields.
- Large metal is typically not advised for residential real estate since it might be an ill omen to have it hovering above your head while imposing downward tension.
- They are, nevertheless, suitable for public structures where people gather for activities but do not stay overnight. Since circles symbolize heaven, circular roofing buildings can also be used as worship spaces.
- They work best on dwellings that face west or northwest, therefore, they must not be used on properties that face south direction.
4. Irregular Roof
- When you can’t tell the shape of the roof just by looking at it, chances are it’s irregularly structured roofing.
- These represent the element of water. Very much like allowing a metal element above you might be poor feng shui, allowing water above you can be dangerous.
- As a result, they are generally discouraged from housing properties and should only be built for public events.
- While facing north, a structure with this roof performs well for its occupants, but it must avoid overlooking northeast as well as southwest.
5. Dormer Roof
- A dormer roof is one that has a projecting portion that protrudes from the roof plane or sidewall. Mono-pitched roofing, commonly known as skillion rooftop, comes under this classification of the roof.
- They are quite often spotted on pitched roofs, they are frequently designed as glass windows.
- This type of roof shape essentially expands the amount of usable area in a home while also allowing natural daylight into places like the attic, bedroom, or upper floor.
- Dormer roofings are generally made of wood and are ideal for individuals in the educational or teaching fields.
- Buildings with such roof layouts might benefit from facing southeast or east. It’s also a wise idea for such buildings to stay clear from facing west as well as northwest.
6. Triangle Roof
- A triangular roof does have a high feng shui inclination that disrupts the layout of the apartment’s feng shui gravitational flux, making it easy for exterior bad spirits to infiltrate.
- The roof must not have a slanting form. The slope denotes a downward path, signifying that the owner’s profession is prone to setbacks and that headway toward advancement is sluggish and tough.
7. Gable Roof
- It evolved from mono-pitch roofing into a triangular gable with two steep slopes on both the right as well as left sides of the roof, which is commonly found in Thai typical homes and Greek classically styled homes.
- According to the roof shape in Feng Shui, the pointed design of the roofing resembles a spear diving, and the residents are more likely to be hurt or lose valuables.
- It’s a little frightening, but don’t be too concerned because the consequences will be minor. The acute appearance style has the most impact on the mental state, causing a negative mood, a lack of self-esteem, suspicion, and paranoia.
8. Hip Roof
- The four sloping inclinations at the front, rear, and sides link with five hip joists on four sides, the same roofline span on four sides, and rainwater will stream down four sides of the roof.
- It is beneficial for “Qi” to circulate throughout the residence in Feng Shui, which means good fortune. Currently, the attractive hip roof is frequently utilized. It is commonly utilized in Europe for magnificent castle roofing.
9. Gambrel Roof
- A gambrel roof has two dips per side and is two-sided. These bottom slopes are wider than the upper ones on this roofing, which is harmonious.
- This allows it to give the advantages of a sloping roof without sacrificing indoor area.
- Stables and warehouses typically have gambrel roofing since these structures demand additional storage area, which this roofing may offer.
- Gambrel roofing is utilized to build chapels, in addition to barns as well as warehouses, to make use of the high skylights. This form is bad for Feng Shui since it can’t maintain “Qi.”
10. Shed Roof
- It is a high inclination through one edge of the horizontal roof that allows snow and rain to flow easily. This layout is bad for Feng Shui, which means you can’t save your money.
- Although it is the most basic style, it is difficult to have it blend in with the rest of the structures.
- To conquer this stumbling block, we can observe how the new breed of architects has transformed this roofing into modern styling.
11. Butterfly Roof
- A butterfly rooftop is just a reversal of a gable rooftop, called for its similarity to the form of a butterfly’s forewing.
- The roof slabs of a butterfly roofing slant inside to converge at a central valley, putting the eaves somewhat above the main ridge, in contrast to a typical gable roofing.
- This form is also bad for Feng Shui since it can’t maintain “Qi” or wealth.
Feng Shui Roof Colors And Their Meaning
Even while the roof color isn’t the most important factor, it does matter, particularly if you do it entirely wrong or correct.
Whenever it comes to choosing a roofing color for your home with feng shui in consideration, the most important thing to remember is to prevent conflicts.
Understanding the elements of the roofing hue, then analyzing if feng shui elemental conflicts are apparent over the roof type, residential external color, and the confronting location of the house is a straightforward implementation of the fundamental feng shui principle.
The meanings of the various roofing colors are listed below-
1. Green roof
- The wood element is represented with a green roof. Other hues, such as brown tones, are used to symbolize the wood aspect.
- Individuals who live in buildings with flat rooftops occasionally construct a rooftop garden. Green grass is used to cover the whole pitch. The rooftop garden would have wood roofing as well.
- Residences oriented east and southeast would benefit the most from such roofing color.
2. Red roof
- Whenever we picture the red color, we automatically think of fire. However, keep in mind that this element could also be portrayed by other hues, including purple.
- Due to the obvious way rainfall sewage lines are set up, most residences have fire roofing.
- When you consider that the majority of dwellings are rectangular or square in design, it’s clear that red roofing is typically good.
- Furthermore, fire on top is far superior to fire beneath. The latter can occasionally be a feng shui issue.
- They are best suited to residences with a southerly orientation and must be disregarded by homes with a northerly orientation.
3. Yellow roof
- Yellow roofed structures are unpopular owing to the potential for flaws to be seen.
- They are, nevertheless, not infrequent. This brightly colored roofing blends in perfectly with square buildings and flat rooftops.
- Deep brown roof tiles are also used on a number of roofs. These also belong to the earth element. Yellow roofs are ideal for homes with a South West or northeast direction.
4. White roof
- Gray-colored rooftops, which also symbolize the metal element, and also the color of concrete bricks, are quite frequent with recent buildings featuring flat roofing lines and are highly typical with white rooftops.
- Metal roofs must be prevented due to the risk of fire, particularly homes facing south must avoid them. Roofs with a triangular form must also be averted.
- Metal-colored roofings are best for homes facing west as well as northwest.
5. Black roof
- Roofs with black tiles are unusual, though not hard to get hold of. The fact that they retain the sun’s heat is the major reason why house owners detest them.
- Also, it’s primarily because of their aesthetic worth that people may adore them.
Water roofing is best for which directions?
In essence, a water rooftop should resist square-shaped structures.
- However, because many buildings are constructed in square forms, which is the preferred house design by feng shui experts.
- Introducing a metal external wall color or constructing flat roofing is one approach to induce balance between a black rooftop and a square building.
- The synergy between water with the earth is accomplished by including metal components in the design.
- Water roofing is best for buildings that face north.
- Furthermore, although the color of roofing is not a crucial feng shui aspect in and of itself, it may cause issues when the home exterior color is just the same tone as the roofing.
Which Type Of Roof Shapes For Houses Is Best?
Among the roof shape types, roofs with round forms are good for Feng Shui. Curvy features provide tenderness to structural designs expressing eternity.
While circular roof forms indicate continuity without any start or end. For healthy Feng Shui and elegant house design, smooth curves are ideal.
Feng Shui benefits from smoothly curved roofing layouts. Lifeforce may easily circulate throughout the exteriors of the building.
The smooth curves and circular corners of the pagoda rooftop design encourage energy movement and Feng Shui for riches.
10 Things To Remember While Designing Rooftop Garden In Feng Shui
1. Structural Integrity
Check to see if the rooftop can withstand the weight. To start with, the medium mix and pots are hefty, and as the seedlings develop, they will become much heavier.
If you reside in a condo, check to see if you really have the authorization to use the elevator. Depending on the municipality, numerous exits, departure lighting, smoke alarms, as well as safety lighting may be required.
Containers demand excess water, and spraying containers could be a hassle. Setup a water tank and sprinkler irrigation system.
4. Sun Exposure
Are you sheltered from the sun by adjacent structures or the patio above you? Whenever plants are scorching on the upper edge of the pavement, even a little sun may be an issue.
Aside from the warmth radiated off the roof cover, adjacent houses, and metal emissions, there is atmospheric heat on the rooftop. Perhaps not for the flowers, then for yourself, you’ll undoubtedly like to create some shelter.
Straight metropolitan roadways, particularly those with high, can be whipped by the wind. You might want to think about putting up a fence or a barrier.
The majority of roofs are bordered by other structures. Since your rooftop garden would be visible from the street, consider concealing it. Grow an annual hedge, build a scaffold wall with vines, or just tuck beneath an umbrella booth.
8. Electrical Wiring
Electricity is not really required, but it certainly makes life simpler. Candles are really not the greatest illumination for rooftops if you want to admire your garden during nighttime.
On a rooftop, the room is restricted, and concealing a storage place is difficult. Cabinets will do the trick. Small closets are preferred by certain rooftop growers.
Take baby steps and gradually build up, adding extra pots plus plants as you go. Whenever you want to commence hardscaping as well as constructing on the roofing, the real cost begins.
Putting down tiles or concrete, constructing raised gardens and containers, and installing electricity and furnishings may all stack significantly. Furthermore, you may require additional structural work to sustain them.
Common questions on roof shapes for houses in feng shui meaning
Q: Which Roof Is Best For Hot Climate?
Flat Roofings Are Utilized In Hot Climates Or When There Is A Reasonable Amount Of Rainfall But No Snowfall. Residences In Plain Regions Are Constructed Using Them.
Q: What is the most affordable roof style to build?
Gable Roofing out of all as described is the most cheapest and affordable style. As it has only one ridge cap, that makes it less prone to leakage and damages.
Q: What type of roof is most expensive?
Slate is a kind of material which is used while making roofs. Its a the most expensive yet strong roofing style.
Q: What type of roof lasts the longest?
Any roofing that is made with concrete, clay or slate tiles are the strongest materials. They last for a very long time and takes less maintanace.
Q: What color roof is the coolest?
White is the best color for rooftops, as they absorbs less heat compares to other darker shades. Though they require little maintanace, but they look preety.
You may also like to explore below useful feng shui tips and tricks.
- Top 30 Feng Shui Gifts For Home
- Best 17 Feng Shui Poison Arrows Fixes [Inside, Outside Home]
- 15 Feng Shui Home Office Golden Rules [Growth, Luck, And Prosperity]
- How To Feng Shui Interior Design For Home (Top 20 Factors)
- What Are The Crucial Feng Shui Rules For Better Home, Luck & Prosperity?
- Feng Shui Home: Stuck In Life? Move 30 Things Immediately
The type of a building’s Roof Shapes For Houses are an important aspect of proper Feng Shui home layout.
The classical technique of planning home furnishings, house exteriors, and lawn beautification is known as Feng Shui for residence.
It creates symmetry and unity in style and daily routine by utilizing logical thinking and combining mysticism with excellent taste.
Did you find this post useful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your “ Roof Shapes For Houses” on Pinterest. Follow us on Fengshuitricks pinterest.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.