This guide is intended to share Chi Lin Feng Shui Meaning and Placement tips. It is also called the sacred dragon horse and is used as a good luck symbol.
In Feng Shui, there are different symbols, depictions, and significant animals. One kind of them is the Chi Lin. Chi Lin is a legendary and mystical animal that represents abundance, wealth, wisdom, good luck, and longevity.
The acceptance of Chi Lin cuts across many cultures and tribes. It is popular across Asia and is also known as Kirin, Qilin, or the Dragon Horse. And because of its significance, it is respected and cherished by the Chinese people.
The Chi Lin is believed to embody all five elements, but the most prevalent element is the fire element. This legendary Feng shui unicorn is connected with virtues, kindness, and compassion and appears as a good omen that carries with it the writings of great pearls of wisdom.
Based on the good nature of Chi Lin, it is used as a symbol that can attract sturdy defensive energies and enrich its owner with fortune, good luck, long life, and abundance.
Since Chi Lin has many ways to benefit people, we provided helpful information on Chi Lin meaning and placement in this blog. Check out the topics below to gain more knowledge about how Chi Lin can help.
What is Chi Lin in Feng Shui?
In Feng Shui, Chi Lin is widely accepted and one of the most vital mystical animals acknowledged as an auspicious spirit that is believed to be kind, and virtuous and can attract positivity and goodness.
Chi Lin carries a benevolent nature, which makes it dear and seen as a legendary auspicious creature in many cultures. Hence, Chi Lin is used for a wide range of applications, from decorative materials to a necklace and so on.
Click below to buy Chi Lin
A Chi Lin is identified with the following:
- A single horn on its forehead
- A yellow belly
- A multicolored back
- A deer body
- An ox tail
What does the unicorn symbolize in China?
In Chinese tradition, the Qilin, which is sometimes wrongly referred to as a unicorn, represents wealth, success, and a long and healthy life.
The sight of it is seen as a favorable omen, one that portends calm and prosperity in the future.
It is thought that the Qilin treats all living things with care and respect, including the belief that it does not step on even the tiniest bug or consume living flora. The Qilin is also a sign of fertility.
What is the story of the unicorn in China?
The legends surrounding the Qilin in China are extensive and cover a wide range of topics.
According to one of the most well-known legends, the Qilin once made an appearance as a portent of the oncoming birth or death of a wise person or a powerful monarch.
For example, it is said that a Qilin appeared to Confucius’ expectant mother, bearing a jade tablet in its mouth, and foretold the profound wisdom and deeds that Confucius would go on to accomplish in his life.
Is the unicorn a myth or a genuine animal?
Mythology holds that the unicorn, a horse-like creature depicted in popular culture as having a single horn, does not exist. There is no evidence to support its existence based on scientific research.
Stories about unicorns may have originated with creatures such as oryxes and rhinoceroses over the course of several centuries.
Alternatively, the discovery of narwhal tusks, which were occasionally sold and may be confused for unicorn horns, may have also played a role.
Are lucky people drawn to unicorns?
In many different cultures, unicorns are seen as representations of things that are mystical, pure, and innocent.
Despite the fact that they aren’t generally connected to “luck” in the same way that, for example, a four-leaf clover or horseshoe might be, their relationship with positive qualities and magical skills means that they are frequently considered to give good fortune or blessings to people who believe in their symbolism.
This is because of their association with positive characteristics and magical abilities, which means that they are often perceived as providing positive qualities and magical powers.
Chi Lin Spiritual Meaning
The spiritual meaning of Chi Lin surrounds a legendary animal that is seen as a symbol of wisdom, prosperity, good luck, goodwill, and longevity.
Chi Lin shares strong identification with compassion, bravery, virtue, and talent, and denotes a good omen that can predict the greatness that is ahead in life. It is a creature that is calm, and peaceful, although it is used to represent strength and authority.
The spiritual meaning of Chi Lin also centers on fertilization. Chi Lin is symbolic of fertility and the accompanying joy of conceiving and giving birth to a new baby.
This creature is acknowledged by its ability to refuse to walk on the grass to prevent damaging the grass blades. This fact explains why the unicorn desires to walk on air.
Chi Lin Feng Shui Meaning
In Feng Shui, Chi Lin shares a connection with long life, happiness, wealth, majesty, prosperity, celebration, glory, wisdom, and renowned children. It is a creature that is calm, kind, generous, and benign. It is seen as carrying a magical positive omen that can be used to turn a person’s fortune around.
This Chinese unicorn brings good luck and success to children because of its connection with them. Women who desire to have children can place the Chi Lin statue close to them either them,ork or at home.
Feng Shui Chi Lin has a protective nature that is capable of protecting against evil spirits and negativity. It is an animal that has a judging nature. Chi Lin does not support injustice and is hence a figure of justice that incinerates the wicked and the corrupt.
Additionally, Chi Lin is not a creature identified with causing any harm to the good people. Rather, it punishes the wicked.
Difference Between Male or Female Chi Lin?
Mostly, the difference between male Chi Lin and female Chi Lin comes from the name. Although, the name Chi Lin encompasses the whole species, both the males and the females of it.
|Male Chi Lin||Female Chi Lin|
|The male bears the name “Chi”||The female bears the name “Lin”|
|Male Chi Lin is identified with a globe ball under their feet which symbolizes the world is placed beneath his feet.||Female Chi Lin is identified as having either an ingot or a cub beneath her foot on the left hand.|
The Unicorn as it Appearing in Feng Shui and How to Include It in Your Home:
- Choosing the Right Unicorn: The first step is to identify a mythical creature that speaks to you on some level. According to Feng Shui, a stronger personal connection increases the flow of energy.
- Choosing the Appropriate Material Ceramic or crystal unicorns have the ability to improve purity, while wooden unicorns have the ability to ground energy.
- Be Aware of Colours: When it comes to Feng Shui, colors are of the utmost importance. A rainbow is a sign of optimism, while the color white emphasizes purity. Gold is associated with riches.
The Meaning of the Unicorn in Feng Shui for Your Home:
When you bring a Feng Shui unicorn into your home, you are calling upon the following elements:
- Defense: The horn of the unicorn is seen as a defensive weapon, and it is said to be able to keep harmful energies at bay.
- Harmony: Its calm presence contributes to an atmosphere of serenity in the environment.
- Creativity and Personal Development: The unicorn inspires those who live there to celebrate what makes them special and to develop personally.
Chi Lin Feng Shui Placement Tips
According to Feng Shui, there are suitable ways to place your Chi Lin that make it auspicious. Therefore, placement is important. The following are the Feng Shui placement tips for Chi Lin.
Click below to buy Chi Lin
- Place a pair of Chi Lin at the main door on both sides of the Chi Lin facing in the direction of the stairs, to help disperse the negative energy. The figure of Chi Lin can be placed directly on the floor or even placed on a platform to raise it. The small figurine of Chi Lin can also be put in the foyer that faces the front door.
- Placing 3 protective Chi Lin can be used to serve as a remedy to alleviate loss and curtail negative energy.
- Chi Lin can be placed at the wealth corner facing outside to attract prosperity, abundance, and wealth. It can change your financial status when you put this creature with treasures at its feet and coins in its mouth.
- Chi Lin can boost the educational luck of your children. Chi Lin can be placed in the northeast direction of the study room of your house to facilitate the improvement of your children’s pedagogic luck in their learning.
- Chi Lin can be placed on the office desk facing north to enhance your career luck and attract excellence. So, if you are experiencing a career setback, place a figurine of this creature in your office space.
- The figure of Chi Lin can be used as an ornament to adorn the living space of your home. To achieve this, place a pair of Chi Lin figurines in the east or southeast area of your home, which is a director responsible for health, family, finance, and prosperity.
- Chi Lin can be displayed in the southwest corner of your home to improve your relationship, marriage, and love life.
- Bedroom: The presence of a unicorn in the bedroom may heighten sentiments of innocence and tranquility, transforming the space into a haven where one can get some much-needed shut-eye and recharge their batteries.
- Children’s Room: Due to the fact that it is associated with purity, it is ideal for use in children’s rooms since it inspires youngsters to have faith in magic and to be proud of who they are as individuals.
- Place a unicorn in your study or home office to encourage inventiveness and serve as a constant reminder of the one-of-a-kind skills you offer to your profession.
- Living Room: A unicorn that is displayed in the living room may serve as a topic of conversation and inspire tales of the fantastic and the magical.
To place Chi Lin at home, get a small-sized Chi Lin rather than a huge one to serve as a decorative object too.
How To Use Chi Lin In Feng Shui For Good Luck
|Prevent Negative Energy||The main door attracts positive energy (Chi) and protects your home against negative energy.|
|Career||North direction because this is the corner of the career zone.|
|Children||Southwest Corner for improving your love life.|
|Marriage||Southwest corner for improving your love life.|
|Wealth||Southeast corner of your home, business, and your office|
|Protection From Danger and Harms||East area of your home with its head facing the front door|
Feng Shui Applications For Chi Lin
The application of Chi Lin is enriching and beneficial. You can apply Chi Lin in the following areas:
1. Front Entry
A pair of Chi Lin can be flanked at each side of the front entry of your home and can be positioned as door guards to protect against any negative energy.
Your front door can be protected against intruders too, and attract prosperity, happiness, joy, longevity, and good luck to your home.
A pair of Chi Lin figurines is appropriate for this type of application.
2. Desk or Workspace
For anyone looking to boost their career and enjoy a promotion, Chi Lin can be effective. Chi Lin can draw overall career accomplishments and good luck when positioned on the desk or in an office space.
In this type of application, a single Chi Lin will work well. Place the figurine on a desk or in your workspace.
You can even take this application to another level by adding a few Chinese coins to enjoy more wealth and prosperity in your work.
A symbol of a Chi Lin can be a special gift for your friends, or acquaintance that is on the verge of securing or taking up a new career or job.
3. Three Killings Cure
It is believed in Feng Shui that 3 Chi Lin is effective in protecting and overcoming the three killings. Therefore, 3 Chi Lin is a 3 killings cure.
Three Killings fall among the annual afflictions found in the Feng Shui order of Flying Stars.
4. Center Of The Home, The Tai Qi
The Tai Qi is referred to as the center of the home and is associated with the important components of your life and house. Tai Qi is also linked with the state of your physical condition and complete health.
A Chi Lin positioned in the center of the home can attract all the positive and helpful parts of the figurine such as good fortune, happiness, abundance, and long life.
5. The Bedroom
The role played by the bedroom is crucial as it is a part of the house that shares a strong connection with its occupants.
Therefore, Chi Lin can be applied and positioned in the master bedroom to help with the can assist to create and attract good things such as prosperity and abundance.
How To Wear Chi Lin Amulets
Chi Lin can be worn as amulets on your hands and body as jewelry, charms, or embroidery. Wearing the Chi Lin amulet can serve as a protective and lucky charm to prevent or dispel unpleasant circumstances and negative friendships.
Also, wearing a Chi Lin amulet can defend you against gossiping and negative manipulations. If you want to overcome difficulties and scale through bad situations around you, wear the Chi Lin amulet.
A Chi Lin amulet can foster wealth and abundance for its wearer.
The Meaning of the Unicorn in Different Cultures:
The Interpretation of the Unicorn in a Number of Different Cultures Even though the unicorn is not a traditional sign in Feng Shui, its impact may be seen in a number of other cultures, including:
- In Western mythology, unicorns are seen as symbols of chastity and are frequently associated with virgins. It is thought that they have the ability to cure illnesses and counteract the effects of toxins.
- In Chinese mythology, this creature, known as the Qilin and sometimes misidentified as a unicorn, is thought to bestow tranquility and wealth onto its owners. The Qilin and the unicorn both have their own unique characteristics, yet they both adhere to the ideals of righteousness and innocence at their core.
Chi Lin Chinese Unicorn Feng Shui Cure
Chi Lin is referred to as the Chinese Unicorn and according to Feng Shui, it is a strong cure for warding off negative flying stars.
Chi Lin Chinese Unicorn is an auspicious creature that symbolizes wealth, abundance, good omen, prosperity, success, longevity, and childbearing.
The Chinese Unicorn can be positioned to avert or suppress the effect of negative energy that may gain entrance into the home.
Chi Lin can serve as a cure for the 3 killings problem by displaying 3 Chi Lin figurines in your home. Also, for controlling the 3 killings, the most prevalent cure is adopting the celestial guardians of three comprising the Chi Lin, Pi Yao, and Fu Dog.
Benefits Of Feng Shui Chi Lin
Feng Shui Chi Lin has tremendous benefits associated with wealth, longevity, prosperity, joy, benevolence, and overall well-being. Some of the benefits are:
- Chi Lin can protect your home against danger, bad energy, and negative influence.
- Chi Lin can attract good luck and success to your home.
- Chi Lin can serve as a decorative object for beautifying your home.
- Chi Lin can chase and dispel evil spirits and dangerous people.
- Promotes the energy (chi) that comes into your house.
- Chi Lin can propel joy and goodness into your life.
- Chi Lin can help to dissolve negative energy (chi) from forming around your vicinity.
Are you aspiring for great heights in life and wishing to attract good things? Chi Lin can serve as a powerful auspicious animal for your benefit.
Chi Lin creature holds immense value and its representation in your home and work can help you to enjoy courage, influence, focus, inner strength, kindness, prosperity, abundance, love, trustworthiness, and consistency.
Positioning this famous mystical symbol at your main entrance door can bar the rushing negative energy. If you want to change your status in the community, give attention to the Chi Lin symbol and enjoy incredible abundance and wealth luck continually trailing your path.
Chi Lin Feng Shui Meaning and Placement FAQ
Q: How To Care For Chi Lin
The kind of attention given to a particular thing shows how you will benefit from it maximally. It is right to give full attention and care to your Chi Lin.
You can also clean it from day to day to prevent dust in the form of stagnant energy from gathering on it.
Q: What size of a unicorn should I use for my Feng Shui?
Size is relative, but a figure that is somewhere in the middle is typically considered to be desirable. It should be noticeable from a distance, but not to the point where it dominates the space.
Q: Is it okay to place the unicorn in close proximity to other Feng Shui animals?
Although unicorns are considered to be peaceful creatures, it is important to keep in mind that everything emits energy. Check to see that the energies of the many metaphorical animals you have won’t interfere with one another.
Q: When selecting a unicorn figurine, does the color of the figure matter?
Colors are very important to consider while doing Feng Shui. One that is white represents chastity, one that is gold represents prosperity, and one that is rainbow-colored might signify hope and promise.
Q: One of my paintings is of a unicorn. Is that an efficient method?
Without a doubt! The strength is in the imagery. When hung in the right location, a painting may have the same impact as an actual object.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.