Do you have snake plants in mind for your upcoming Feng Shui decor? Here is everything you need to know about your Feng Shui snake plant benefits and placement!
If you are new to the notions of Feng Shui, it might be tough to figure out how to create good Feng Shui in your home.
This is especially true when it comes to deciding where to put your houseplants or your brand new Feng Shui snake plant.
Plants are thought to bring luck or success if they are placed in the right places in your home or office. Snake plants are said to be a plant that, if placed in the right area, can bring good luck or energy to your home or business.
We have done some research to find the best techniques and placements for this plant. They will help you stay in tune with Feng Shui and maintain a positive atmosphere in your home.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the Most Notable Pros of Having a Feng Shui Snake plant in Your Home?
- 2 5. Where Should You Place the Feng Shui Snake Plant?
- 3 7. Some Important Tips to Care for Your Feng Shui Snake Plant
- 4 Conclusion
- 5 Feng Shui Snake Plant Benefits FAQs
What are the Most Notable Pros of Having a Feng Shui Snake plant in Your Home?
Discussed throughout this post are some of the most prominent benefits of using a Feng Shui snake plant in your home:
1. They Are Great for Mental Health
Snake plants, like other houseplants, can help with mental health.
- It has been scientifically shown that having a plant in your home makes you feel calmer and happier.
- Snake plants also create a lot of oxygen, which helps to boost your mood and vitality.
- There is also evidence that caring for a plant boosts self-esteem and gives people a sense of purpose, which reduces stress and anxiety.
- When you water your snake plant or simply watch it sit near you, it will give you a welcome break from your busy routine.
2. They Are NASA-Approved Air Purifiers
Sansevieria, or Feng Shui snake plant, as we know, is a great air purifier, making it an ideal plant for interior use. In several studies and researches, including those undertaken by NASA, the plant has been discovered to remove poisons on a regular basis.
- A Feng Shui snake plant works to clean and purify the air around your surrounding, and it also emits a lot of healthy oxygen that we need throughout the day.
- It even assists those who have respiratory problems or allergies to airborne allergens.
- These plants also have a positive effect on the air quality as they purify the air and remove pollutants and toxins.
- They also eliminate the effects of several other hazardous elements that are typically found in the environment.
- They are particularly effective in removing pollutants that are particularly hazardous, such as formaldehyde and benzene.
- A Snake plant produces oxygen for the human body at night using its leaves to convert carbon dioxide into the fresh and refreshing air that we breathe.
- As a result, the Snake plant is a fantastic addition to any bedroom.
- During the day, removing carbon dioxide improves your sleep quality and mental state.
- Snake plants keep external air pollution under control. You can relax and know you’re living in the greatest possible environment.
3. They Get Rid of Allergens and Sick Building Bacteria
A Feng Shui snake plant absorbs the toxins and then releases oxygen. The plant may emit moisture into the air, which will help to reduce allergies.
- People who have allergies should make friends with or stay in the company of these plants because they are a natural and economical way to stay healthy.
- The value of air-purifying plants should be recognized in public spaces and workplaces.
- Sick Building Syndrome is a phrase that describes how the health of a building’s residents or tenants develops mild to severe symptoms.
- These symptoms are connected to the place that you live in, even when no specific illness can be identified.
- A Feng Shui snake plant can help you get rid of these symptoms.
4. They Bring in Some Extensive Feng Shui Benefits
There are numerous varieties of powerful and extremely effective plants in Feng Shui. However, none of them are as effective and beneficial as the Snake plant.
- Their leaves resemble swords and are said to symbolize tenacity in the face of adversity, bringing the owner success and fortune.
- That is why many East Asia business owners continue to use the Snake plant to boost profitability in their commercial properties.
- Snake plants can protect you from negative Qi energy. However, you should keep them out of high-traffic areas of your home due to their aggressive energy.
- The snake plant is a great illustration of Qi energy that moves upward.
- The strong wood energy of the element cuts through negative or sluggish energy.
- The best place in your office or home to install plants is where the plant’s Wood element is enriched.
5. Where Should You Place the Feng Shui Snake Plant?
Succulents like the Feng Shui snake plant should be planted in the southeast, southern, and eastern areas of the house, in general.
Listed below are some of the best and most suitable areas and places around the house for you to keep your Snake plants:
- The Home Office
- The Bedrooms
- The Dining Room
- Front of the House
- The Kitchen
- The Bathrooms or Vanity Areas
Snake plants thrive in certain regions of the house for a variety of reasons. The Bagua map is an energy map that you might find in your home, and you should consider it before you place anything anywhere for Feng Shui.
Certain regions of the house are drawn to the positive Qi energy and are actually responsible for bringing an element of luck and success. Those are the areas that you should focus on while deciding on a place for your Feng Shui snake plant.
- Snake plants placed in strategic positions will enhance the overall vibe and aura around your home or office.
- They will improve the air quality and will also bring you fortune and luck.
- Snake plants are good for areas where you want to enhance qi or improve vitality because of their powerful, upward-growing leaves.
- If you feel like the vibe in your home is stagnant and stale, a Feng Shui snake plant may be the answer to your problem.
- A Snake plant’s ability to cut through this energy and bring in vital, invigorating wood qi is remarkable.
6. Consider the Bagua Map before You Place Your Snake Plants
The Feng Shui Bagua map can also be used to install a snake plant.
The Feng Shui Bagua Map is a conceptual map that is divided into eight divisions or directions and placed around a central point.
- Each Bagua segment contains numerous layers of meaning, but at its most basic level, each one alludes to a particular aspect of existence.
- A snake plant can be used in the Family, Wealth, or Fame aspects of your home.
- All of these parts of the Bagua map are supported by wood energy, and adding a Feng Shui snake plant is a great way to add more wood to strengthen these areas.
- It is advisable to start fresh rather than reusing or fixing a plant from elsewhere in your home if you are bringing a plant to your region to support a specific Feng Shui goal.
7. Some Important Tips to Care for Your Feng Shui Snake Plant
If you have a snake plant around your house, here is what you need to do in order to take care of it properly:
8. Keep It in a Place with Ample Sunlight
- A Feng Shui snake plant has a wide range of applications, and it also requires very minimal care and maintenance.
- It can thrive in a wide range of lighting situations, from direct sunlight to complete shade.
- However, it prefers indirect light, so keep it away from direct sunlight in low-light conditions whenever you can.
9. Water It Very Carefully and Do Not Overwater
- Snake plants’ leaves and roots retain water because they evolved in arid regions.
- Allow the soil of your Feng Shui snake plant to become somewhat dry between watering cycles for best results.
- Once your snake plant’s potting soil is dry to the touch, saturate it with water from a small container or watering can.
- Slowly pour water out in a clockwise direction to evenly irrigate the roots of your plant.
Snake plants, according to Feng Shui, can bring positive energy or luck to your home. You must, however, place them in the proper regions of your home.
Only healthy snake plants should be grown. Negative energy is drawn to dying snake plants, and our environment already has plenty of it without them.
There are a variety of suitable environments for snake plants, and as long as you follow the guidelines in this article, you should be good.
Feng Shui Snake Plant Benefits FAQs
Q 10: What is the best place to put my Feng Shui snake plant?
Your home office, your dining area, the bathrooms, and the bedrooms are some of the best places for you to keep your snake plants and succulents.
They will bring in a lot of positive Qi energy and good luck if you do it the right way.
Q 11: Should I place my Feng Shui snake plant indoors or outdoors?
Snake plants enjoy and thrive in all kinds of light and weather conditions. So, it is totally up to you where you want to keep your Feng Shui snake plants.
However, we suggest that you take your placement guidance from a Bagua map and then place the plants accordingly.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.