Does your house face a mountain? Are you worried about it? Read here to learn about house facing mountain Feng Shui cures and how they can help!
There are several factors that play a massive role in the energy flow of your house. The location of your house is one such factor too.
Water and mountains play a huge role in all aspects of Feng Shui. Feng Shui experts believe that mountains draw energy from the heavens, so they can’t be ignored.
However, especially when we talk about the location of the house and the mountains surrounding it, you have to be very careful.
Feng Shui experts have repeatedly focused on how having a mountain towards the front of the house isn’t auspicious. However, if there are mountains to the left, right, or back of the house, that doesn’t pose a threat.
As a cure, you can place a concave Bagua mirror on the top of the door or a flat mirror on the tip of the door. Apart from that, you can also focus on other things that allow you to focus on the flow of energy in the house.
To know more about house-facing mountain Feng shui cures, continue reading!
Table of Contents
- 1 House Facing Mountain Feng Shui Meaning?
- 2 House Facing Mountain Feng Shui Cures + Fixes
- 3 House Facing Mountain Feng Shui Cures FAQS
House Facing Mountain Feng Shui Meaning?
In today’s times, mountains can even be seen in modern cities, which means that we have to be very careful, and be aware of the house facing mountain Feng Shui cures.
Most people don’t focus on the landscape features of areas as a Feng Shui expert would.
They consider all aspects of housing, including the surrounding areas and the landscape, which tend to affect the energy around the area too.
Some people fail to realize that there are mountains nearby, even when they are blatantly obvious. Sometimes mountains make the surrounding areas of the house look pretty.
But other times, they also take up the entire visual of your house, which can be quite annoying.
- Feng Shui experts also believe that if the mountain near a house is sharp (poison arrows), that symbolizes bad luck since a sharp mountain peak is similar to a knife.
- Think of it this way: if you have knives installed on the roof of your house with their edges pointing towards you, you will surely feel very uncomfortable, right?
- So even if you know that they won’t fall off the ceiling, it won’t help you be at peace in your house, will it?
- The same concept also works with mountains near houses, especially if they have sharp peaks.
- Feng Shui experts focus on the house and its surrounding areas from four different orientations. These are front, back, left, and right.
Mountains at the Front of the House
When a mountain is located at the front of the house, it is known as the phoenix location or the yang location.
Feng Shui experts suggest this is not the ideal location for a house. It is considered highly unfavorable if you want to surround yourself and your house with positive energy.
- Especially if the mountain is too close, it can block the pathway for positive energy entering in.
- Feng Shui experts believe that the entrance of the house is the place that allows positive energy to flow through.
- The more open the space, the better it is, since it allows energy to flow through without blockages.
- Mountains that are at a distance don’t have a considerable impact on the energy flow.
Mountains at the Back of the House
The ideal location for a mountain near a house is at the back of the house. This is where they should ideally be.
- When there are mountains at the back of the house, it symbolizes strength and support, since the mountains are very tall.
- Feng Shui experts believe that if there are mountains at the back of the house, there will surely be harmony in the house, and family members will have strong bonds with each other.
Mountains Towards the Left of the House
If there are mountains to the left of your house, you will surely have luck coming your way, and hence it is a good omen.
- The left side of the house is the one that represents the male members of the household. Males are also generally known to be the breadwinners, which means that this site is indirectly related to the wealth aspect of the house.
- With mountains on the left, you can have luck, wealth, and prosperity in your career and future endeavors.
Mountains Towards the Right of the House
If there are mountains to the right side of the house, then this means that you will be able to retain your wealth.
- The right side of the house represents the females in the house.
- The females are the ones who can help ensure that the wealth remains intact. So, many experts believe that having mountains to the right means that the males will do well in their careers, and the females will help them retain their success.
If you have only recently learned about how mountains at the front of the house are considered inauspicious, don’t worry too much. You’re already living there, and there is nothing you can do to change the landscape. So what do you do then?
There are a few house facing mountain Feng Shui cures that can help!
House Facing Mountain Feng Shui Cures + Fixes
Here are a few things that you can try. These will be very helpful in limiting the effects of a mountain facing your house. If nothing, they will help you be at peace knowing that you did your part to negate the effect of the tall mountains at the front of your house.
- You can place a concave Bagua mirror on the top of the door.
- Some Feng Shui experts even suggest that you place a flat mirror on the tip of the door.
- You can even have some wind chimes at the door, depending on how you like them and how they blend in with the rest of the decoration pieces at the front door.
While none of these are known to have proven negating effects, they can still help you feel better.
You can also focus on the other aspects of energy flow in the house, bearing in mind Feng Shui principles.
Here are a few examples:
- If you have any squeaking hinges on doors, get them fixed at the earliest. This is one of the first things you should be doing if you want a positive flow of energy in the house. Unfortunately, sometimes, people tend to get used to these noises and delay the process of getting them fixed.
- You can even have a Feng Shui fountain near the entrance of your home. Having a fountain at the entrance is symbolic of opportunities flowing into your home, and have luck, wealth, and abundance coming your way.
- Keep the doors of the bathrooms closed at all times. When the doors of the bathroom are open, it means that the wealth is being flushed away.
- Keep your windows clean at all times. Aside from the doors of the house, energy also flows in through the windows. Not only do they allow positive energy to flow through inside, but they allow you to see the areas outside much more clearly as well. So make sure to focus on that.
- Declutter and get rid of all that you don’t use. Have a minimalistic approach to things, and you will see how that helps you feel surrounded with positivity throughout. You can donate all the extra things you have. If you wish to sell them, you can even do that. It will surely help you declutter in the most productive way.
- Keep all electronic devices out of your bedroom. That will help you sleep much more peacefully and is also one of the most vital things to do when it comes to the positive flow of energy in the house.
House Facing Mountain Feng Shui Cures FAQS
Q: Can you correct a bad Feng Shui?
Some remedies can help correct bad Feng Shui.
For example, if you want to improve the design of your house and also want positive energy to surround your house, the best thing for you is to place something halfway between the front and the back door.
Q: How do I Feng Shui the house entrance?
The first step is ensuring the front door is always neat. All clutter should be removed from there.
If you see any obstacles blocking the pathway, then those also need to be removed from there.
Make sure the space is as inviting as possible and easy to find. For example, use the front door as the main entrance.
This allows positive energy to flow through into the house.
Apart from that, also ensure that no staircase is blocking the front door.
Q: What should I hang on my front door for good luck?
A horseshoe is the best thing you can hang on your front door to have luck coming your way.
Feng Shui experts have strongly recommended you do this since it plays a huge role in allowing positive energy to come through.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science-based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.