In Feng Shui, wind chimes meaning has a special significance. They are also known as the carrier of positive energy and produce a harmonious sound that creates a soothing atmosphere.
Wind chimes also act as a luck magnet as they guide the sound vibrating in the space in a way that it brings prosperity. So if you are using windchimes at your home, are you using it in the right way and directions?
We will discuss all windchimes Meaning, Benefits, and Placement guidelines.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Wind Chimes Meaning And Its Uses Are
- 2 What Are The Wind Chimes Benefits
- 3 How To Use Feng Shui Wind Chimes For Wealth
- 4 4 Rod Metal Wind Chimes Feng Shui Uses
- 5 6-Rod Metal Wind Chime Placement 2020 Tips
- 6 What Are The Considerations When Using Wind Chimes In Feng Shui
- 7 7 Rod Wind Chime Feng Shui
- 8 How To Use Wind Chimes Outside Front Door
- 9 Where To Hang Wind Chimes For Better Feng Shui
- 10 Types Of Windchimes
- 11 How Many Windchimes Rod Are Lucky
- 12 Quick Wind Chime Dos And Don’ts
- 13 Conclusion
What Wind Chimes Meaning And Its Uses Are
It is popularly believed that each and every sound that surrounds us leaves an effect on us. It may also trigger emotions or behavioral changes.
Feng shui wind chime meaning is to create a sound that generates a positive flow of energy and brings out good chi in the area where they are placed.
Wind chimes can be made from various materials such as Wood, Steel, Ceramic, and others. They also help to minimize the negative energy from the environment by getting rid of the harsh noises from the environment.
Wind Chimes have many uses some of them are:-
- Wind chimes help in creating a positive flow of energy by producing harmonious sound.
- They also help to enhance the good chi movement.
- They help in eliminating the harsh and negative sounds from the environment.
- Wind chimes also help in bringing luck to the area where they are placed.
What Are The Wind Chimes Benefits
In the above section as we have understood Wind Chimes Meaning. Now, let’s find out its benefits.
Wind chimes are the carriers of positive energy and luck. The gentle tickling sounds they produce helps in lingering the energy around you.
And make that space so gentle that prosperity will get attracted. Wind chimes are made from numerous materials majorly metal, wood, bamboo, and ceramics.
Each of the elements is suited in a particular direction. Here are the wind chimes benefits of each type: –
Metal wind chimes are the most common and they should be hung in the north, west, or northwest direction. They work as a good luck charm in the lives of the children.
They also open the door for new career opportunities. Wind chimes hung in the northwest zone helps in bringing the mentor luck in our lives.
South, east, and southeast are considered the best directions for placing wooden wind chimes. It is widely accepted that when they are placed in the east direction they help in bringing the wealth inside the home.
While when they are placed in the south direction they attract fame.
These types of wind chimes are best suited for the northeast and southwest zone.
- But experts advise that wind chimes should be hanged in the southwest direction otherwise it can exhaust romance luck.
- Wind chimes need to be ideally placed on the inside or outside the entrance of the shop or home.
- So, each time when the door opens it makes a tinkling sound that attracts positive energy. Door wind chimes also attract customers if they are placed in shops.
My top wind chimes recommendations for your Home , garden and office.
- Excellent Design-36 inch height from hanging hook to bottom wind catcher, the...
- Beautiful Tones And Incredibly Well Made -This chime has an extended resonance...
- ♪ Large Wind Chimes Outdoor - Total hanging overall length is 36”with a...
- ♪Memorial Wind Chimes - With engraved life of tree on the catcher, perfect...
- A Classic Handmade - Wooden wind chime's tube body is durable and wind chime can...
- Easy to Hang - "S" hook can be easily hung on indoor and outdoor garden patio...
- ♪Musical Wind Chimes Outdoor Light: The wind-chimes light unique outdoor is...
- ♪Mutil-Color Changing Chime Lights: Changing colors alternating randomly...
Last update on 2021-05-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
How To Use Feng Shui Wind Chimes For Wealth
Wind chimes are also used to attract wealth in the house or office. The chimes number depends upon the factor for which it is being used.
To attract wealth it is said that 4-rod bamboo or wooden wind chimes should be used. Especially the wind chimes that have fish in them help to attract the wealth of luck.
Fish wind chimes meaning is associated with bringing wealth into the area where they are placed. Since in Feng Shui, it is believed that fish brings wealth.
Are you finding this post useful, inspiring? Save THIS PIN to your “Feng Shui Wind Chimes Meaning & Benefits ” board on Pinterest. Do follow me at FengShuiTricks Pinterest for more such exiting Feng Shui Pins, Board, and Videos.
4 Rod Metal Wind Chimes Feng Shui Uses
In Feng Shui, it is depicted that the environment should be created in such a way that it invites the positive flow of energy.
Windchime symbolism is associated with welcoming fortune into your life. Feng shui has great significance for wind chimes as they are considered the best cures for negative chi.
4-rod metal wind chimes feng shui helps to bring luck and harmony in your life. It is often known to bring wealth and prosperity.
4-rod metal should be placed in the area such as the opening of the house where they can act as a portal for positive chi to enter.
The uses of 4-rod metal wind chimes are:-
- It helps in harnessing the positive chi in an area.
- 4-rod metal wind chimes are also incorporated with copper bells. Copper bells feng shui is also associated with bringing prosperity and wealth.
- It also helps us in controlling our behavioral changes and triggered emotions.
6-Rod Metal Wind Chime Placement 2020 Tips
6 Rod Metal wind chimes and 8-rod metal wind chimes are the most popular number of rods in this category.
The purpose of wind chimes is to attract prosperity and wealth, so it should be placed accordingly. Here are some of the placement tips for 6-rod metal wind chimes.
- The first thing that should be considered while hanging a 6-rod metal wind chime is the direction of wind flow. It should be hanged in the path of the usual wind flow.
- It should be hanged in an open area where it can distribute the chi. Any kind of blockage in the front of wind chimes such as walls must be avoided.
- Wind chimes should never be hanged in front of the bathroom or washroom until it is advised by a Feng Shui expert.
What Are The Considerations When Using Wind Chimes In Feng Shui
Do many people have this question in their minds about how does a wind chime work? There are majorly three factors that are taken into consideration while using a wind chime in feng shui which are: –
The material of the wind should be chosen according to the basic feng shui principle of the Bagua area element. The Bagua area element should be considered while choosing the material of the wind chime.
According to feng shui, the metal wind chimes can be used in the north, west, and North West direction. South, east, and southeast Bagua area is suitable for placing bamboo wind chimes.
Clay or porcelain wind chimes represent the earthen element and they can be used in the southeast, east, and northeast areas.
The number of rods is also a point that needs to be taken into consideration while choosing the perfect wind chimes.
Wind chimes with 6-8 rods are the most popular and aid in enhancing beneficial energy. Windchime with 5 rods works wonder in suppressing bad energy.
If you also have this question in your mind about where to hang wind chimes, just make sure you follow the concept of the Bagua element and choose the perfect number of rods to use it to the fullest.
Wind chimes symbolism is associated with different forms of energies. Such as two heart attached wind chimes is an excellent choice for the garden.
Or southeast area of the home. While wind chimes with the Buddha image help in cultivating the spiritual energies.
7 Rod Wind Chime Feng Shui
The 7-rod wind chimes are a special and rare type of wind chimes that don’t have such common use.
- These wind chimes are used on special-purpose or occasion. You can place 7-rod wind chimes either near a door or window. They are perfect for decoration or to give a harmonic touch to your place.
- These wind chimes should be placed according to the spot where the breeze moves in because the breeze will make them produce sound.
- The West side of the house is best suited for placing the 7-rod wind chime. It will work as a creativity booster for your child and for other family members as well.
How To Use Wind Chimes Outside Front Door
The use of wind chimes is to enhance the auspicious area of your homes and offices. Apart from this, it also aids in removing negative harmful energies.
If you will place the wind chime outside your front door it will create an oasis of art and sound that will enlighten the garden or entrance or an indoor passage.
The door wind chime should be used at the entrance of the home that can signal the movement of the visitors in the house.
It also circulates more energy at this mouth of chi and it distributes energy in all the corners with the rhythmic vibrations of sound.
Where To Hang Wind Chimes For Better Feng Shui
If you also have this question in your mind where to hang a wind chime in house and which material wind chime suits best to which direction. Here are the tips that you can follow:
- West: In the west direction, wind chime of any material can be used. It helps in bringing positivity to a person’s behavior. Placement of wind chimes in this area also boosts the academic performance of your child.
- Northwest: The wind chimes made up of hollow metal should be used in the northwest direction to attract chi in this area. The metal wind chimes, when placed in this area, helps to bring success in your life. It also attracts powerful people with the pleasant sound it produces.
- Southwest: In the southwest direction wind chimes with two rods or nine rods should be placed made up of ceramics. This wind chime will help in the circulation of chi. It is also beneficial for relationships.
- North: The wind chimes placed in the north are associated to bring good luck in your career. Also, it is recommended to use a six-rod wind chime in this direction. This direction is associated with luck in your life and using wind chime will enhance it.
Types Of Windchimes
Wind chimes are generally of three types. These are:-
#1 Ceramic Wind Chimes
- The other name of ceramic wind chimes is pottery wind chimes. The material that is generally used in creating these wind chimes is glass, pottery, or ceramic.
- The clay wind chimes feng shui is also associated with ceramic wind chimes. These wind chimes can be used as an antique piece, which helps in bringing love, romance luck, health luck.
- And knowledge luck into the house. The ceramic wind chimes are cost-effective as well and they are also present in many different styles.
#2 Bamboo Wind Chimes
- The bamboo wind chimes are associated with the wood element feng shui. They produce a clean and clutter-free sound when rods hit each other.
- These wind chimes bounce off the negative energy that strikes them and fill the environment with all positive energy.
- Feng shui Bamboo wind chimes also produce a piece of soothing and pleasant music that’s why they are the ideal choice for the children’s room.
- These wind chimes can also be used at the entrance of the homes that will enhance the flow of positive chi in the house.
#3 Metal Wind Chimes
Metal wind chimes are the most common wind chimes and they are considered the best wind chimes for feng shui.
These wind chimes help in appealing the good wealth in-home or office.
They reduce the flow of negative energies in these areas. Also, they produce a very pleasant and bright sound.
How Many Windchimes Rod Are Lucky
The wind chime feng shui is ultimately related to luck. If we talk about choosing the right number of rods, wind chimes with six or eight rods are considered the most popular and lucky.
Six-rod wind chimes help in attracting positive energy. While five rods of a wind chime is considered lucky suitable for suppressing negative energy.
Quick Wind Chime Dos And Don’ts
Here are some of the most common do and don’t of wind chimes for home:
Do – Hang wind chime at such a height that it doesn’t hit people while they are entering your home or moving out.
Don’t – hide the wind chimes made from metal on the trees. As it isn’t considered appropriate for the metal to clash with a tree. You can hang wooden wind chimes on trees.
Don’t – As per Feng shui experts advise not to directly put wind chimes in the areas used for either sitting or sleeping. Thus, impacting their mood and triggering unwanted emotions.
You may also like to read below interesting articles.
- Exclusive 31 Chinese New Year Flowers + Fruits Ideas To Buy In 
- How To Build a Money Bowl For Prosperity [15+ DIY Tips]- Must Try Today!
- How To Clean Out Closet For Luck And Prosperity In Feng Shui Way (Like A PRO!)- 21+ Tips
- How To Feng Shui Interior Design For Home (Top 20 Factors)
- How To Feng Shui Kids Room- 13 Brilliant + Affordable Ways
In this article, we have told you about the Chinese feng shui wind chimes meaning and its benefits.
We have highlighted how you can use it to harness the positive chi in your house.
We also provided essential tips to attract good luck and wealth with it. We hope you’ll use them and bring prosperity to your house.