Many projects and buildings are built around a creek, but it’s not good to have it in the backyard; hence here are Feng Shui Water Behind House Cures for you!
- When it comes to applying Feng Shui to your house, many people tend to forget that the backyard is also a part of your house and neglect that space.
- However, your backyard is just as important–in fact, even more than the interior space of your house in some cases. And therefore, there is a lot of significance in house backyards in Feng Shui, especially if there is a creek present.
- According to Feng Shui pond in the backyard can mean many things, but you really have to be careful about it and apply Feng Shui remedies to ensure there is no negative flow of energy.
Hence, if you have a water canal behind your house in feng shui and are worried about how to apply Feng Shui to it, let us help you out!
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Feng Shui?
- 2 What is a Creek, and What Does Having a Creek in the Backyard Mean in Feng Shui?
- 3 Feng Shui Water Behind House
- 4 5. What to Do if the Creek in the Backyard is Dry?
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 FAQs: Feng Shui Water Behind House Cures
What is Feng Shui?
Feng Shui is the study of objects and the environment where it is believed that our environment has a significant impact on our overall life.
And when it comes to our environment, our house and everything in it is an integral part of it–which is why Feng Shui rules have a special focus on our house.
What is a Creek, and What Does Having a Creek in the Backyard Mean in Feng Shui?
As we have discussed already, the backyard is also a significant part of the house, which is why everything–from what shape your backyard is to how you decorate it–everything matters a lot in Feng Shui.
Therefore, having a creek in your backyard also has some specific Feng Shui rules that you must be careful about.
A creek is a narrow waterway, also known as an inlet or a channel. It is usually smaller than a river; rivers are much wider and have a heavier water flow.
Creeks are comparatively thin in width and also a little shallower than rivers–which is why their flow of water is not as harsh.
Nonetheless, a creek is a water body, and therefore, according to Feng Shui, it is inauspicious to have a creek in your house’s backyard.
This is because having a water body at the back of your house is not favorable for the residents and can affect the flow of energy. Let’s understand this using the 5 element theory.
5 Element Theory in Feng Shui
According to Feng Shui, there are 5 elements in this world. They are the fundamental elements of the universe, with each element possessing different properties.
- The 5 elements are water, fire, wood, earth, and metal. As per Feng Shui, the interaction of these elements with each other and our environment maintains a balance between the positive and negative energy around us.
- Therefore, to make sure your house’s backyard is as per the Feng Shui principles, you will have to make sure that you balance all 5 elements in that space.
- However, having a creek in the backyard enhances the water element more than any other element–which disrupts the overall energy flow in the area.
- Moreover, the water element is associated with career, wisdom, and social life. Enhancing the water element in your house, especially your front door, can positively impact various aspects of your life.
- It can open doors of opportunities and welcome a bigger and better social circle in your life.
- However, when this element goes to the backside of your house–it becomes ineffective. In fact, many believe it can also have an opposite impact on your life.
- Therefore, we need Feng Shui and creek in the backyard remedies to counter its negative impact. Here are some things you can do.
Feng Shui Water Behind House
1. Shift the Entrance
No doubt having a creek at the back of the house is considered inauspicious, but what if you could shift the house’s entrance?
Moving the creek from the back of the house is not in your hands, but what you can do is change the house’s front door.
This way, when people buy a house with a creek at the back, realtors tell people that the back of the house can be considered the front of the house–the side which is facing the creek.
This was the water body that will be right in front of your house.
According to realtors, the backyard can become the front of the house because most of the time, with a great view, family congregations take place in front of the creek.
Moreover, with some layouts of the house, it is also possible to shift the house’s front door and try to scheme an entrance through the creek. This way, the creek in the backyard can become a part of your front.
2. Add a Sitting Area
If shifting the entire entrance or front door to the backside is also not possible–then to shift maximum human interaction and energy to the backyard, it is best to make a proper sitting area in the backyard.
This can be done by making sure the backyard is well decorated–you can do so by making a garden and adding a seating arrangement by making it the patio.
This will make the creek the front area of your house and will reduce the negative impact of having the water element facing the back of your house.
Hence, this is the best way to take advantage of the beautiful view that comes with the creek.
3. Balance the 5 Elements
One best way to ensure a reduced negative energy flow that comes with having a creek in the backyard is by making sure you balance all the 5 elements.
The most important reason behind this is that, as we discussed earlier, the balance of all 5 elements in any environment ensures the balance of energies in that place.
However, one important reason is that you can understand it through the Feng Shui destructive and constructive cycle.
4. Feng Shui Destructive and Constructive Cycle
According to Feng Shui, there are two cycles among the 5 elements, which tells us the strength of the element and how we can use them to create a balance.
According to the destructive cycle, earth elements weaken the water element, which in turn weakens fire. And similarly, as per the constructive cycle, metal enhances water, and water, in turn, feeds wood elements.
Now using these two-cycle, you can understand how having a creek in the backyard is a problem. Since the water element is pretty strong in the backyard, you can weaken its increased energy by using the earth element.
- For that, you can line the creek with large stones–which is usually done to keep the residents of the house safe when near the creek.
- Another great way to increase the earth, as well as the wood element, would be to line the backyard with large trees, which will not only increase the aesthetic value of your backyard but will also enhance the other elements in the backyard.
- While the sun already represents the fire element, due to trees and shades, the influence of sunlight is very less in the house. Hence, you can also build a small fireplace in the backyard. This will again look very aesthetic and increase the fire elements, which will already be weakened due to increased water elements.
5. What to Do if the Creek in the Backyard is Dry?
Sometimes the creeks in the backyards are dried up; there is little to no water in them, only a narrow channel visible where water once was.
This is somehow a good thing for you because now you do not have an increased water element in the background–however, this also reduces the water element from there.
You can apply Feng Shui tips to balance the water element, which you can do by placing a water fountain or basin in the backyard.
Moreover, you can also incorporate the color representing the element, such as black, in the backyard.
If you have a creek in the backyard of your house and you are worried about the bad omen attached to it, don’t worry. Feng Shui creek in the backyard remedies will help you.
If you have a choice when buying the house, try not to purchase a residence with a creek or river at the back.
However, if you already have one, try to incorporate these remedies to lower the negativity attached to it and use Feng Shui tips regularly.
We hope this guide on Feng Shui Water Behind House Cures, will help you to minimise the side effects.
FAQs: Feng Shui Water Behind House Cures
Q: Is it good to have a creek in the backyard of your house?
According to Feng Shui, it is not good to have a creek in the backyard; it is better to have a house front-facing the creek.
Q: How do you balance the 5 elements in the backyard when there is a creek?
You can balance the 5 elements by using the Feng Shui constructive and destructive cycle.
Keeping that in mind, you can enhance other elements such as earth and fire in the backyard.
Q: Feng Shui river flow direction?
As per feng shui, the river should flow upside down directions. The opposite direction may have loss of money and health issues.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.