Tibetan Prayer Flag Meaning- Feng Shui experts have proven with extensive research that just like Tibetan singing bowl, Tibetan prayer flags bring in a lot of prosperity and positive Qi energy to your homes. Here’s everything about their placement and meaning!
Most people consider summers to be a time of celebrations, enjoying the outdoors, and blessings.
When you find the sun to be at its most active period and the flowers are blossoming, it might be the time for you to get some Feng Shui Tibetan Prayer Flags out.
Tibetan flags are generally rectangular-shaped, colorful pieces of fabric tied to a string. They have prayers and blessings written on them. These flags come in five different colors, and each color represents a particular element.
According to Feng Shui principles, these prayer flags are a great way to bless your surroundings and bring in positive Qi energy. They promote strength, compassion, and wisdom, along with health and prosperity.
You can place the prayer flags in your children’s room, the office, or anywhere around your house that is windy, such as the porch or garden. They are sure to bring in a lot of positive energy and prosperity when placed right.
Table of Contents
- 1 A Brief History of Tibetan Prayer Flags in Feng Shui
- 2 Keeping Tibetan Prayer Flag Meaning As Per Feng Shui
- 3 What is the Right Placement for Prayer Flags & What Do You Need to Keep in Mind?
- 4 In a Nutshell
- 5 Tibetan Prayer Flag Meaning FAQs
A Brief History of Tibetan Prayer Flags in Feng Shui
- As ancient Buddhist history suggests, there were several instances where soldiers and warriors would write the teachings of the Buddha on their battle flags.
- They assumed that this way, the deities would help them face their enemies and emerge victorious.
- The modern-day version of the Tibetan prayer flags has been shaped after some modifications, but the concept stays the same.
- When the Cultural Revolution kicked in, it was suggested that these prayer flags should be discarded as they do not prove anything or are effective. However, people who believed in Feng Shui did not take them down and kept preaching.
- In ancient times, the flags would be rectangular and colorful pieces of clothes that had prayers and texts written with woodblock. The modern-day flags have lost that traditional design, but they are still very effective for Feng Shui.
Keeping Tibetan Prayer Flag Meaning As Per Feng Shui
1. They Promote Peace and Prosperity
Tibetan prayer flags are the symbol of strength, compassion, and, most importantly wisdom.
- When the prayer flags are blown by the wind, it is believed that they spread goodwill and compassion to all the living beings.
- It is also believed that the wind that passes through the prayer flags becomes blessed by the mantras.
- Placing these flags in the right places would mean that you are creating passages for peace and goodwill to come into your house, along with a flow of positive Qi energy.
2. They Incorporate the Elements of Health and Harmony
The same is the case with the Feng Shui Tibetan prayer flags. The prayer flags have different colors, and each color symbolizes the following elements:
- The color blue represents the sky
- The color white represents the air or the wind
- The red color, on the other hand represents fire
- The green color symbolizes the water
- The yellow color symbolizes the one and only earth
What is the Right Placement for Prayer Flags & What Do You Need to Keep in Mind?
1. The Right Place to Hang the Flags
Hanging prayer flags isn’t very technical, but it is very important that while hanging the prayer flags, you should have pure and good intentions.
- So, to put it simply, you must avoid hanging prayer flags when you are not in the mood and have any negative energy coming out because that is a big no.
- There are certain time periods in which hanging the prayer flags are expected to have good results. You can hang them during the Chinese New Year or even Tibetan New Year. These are the most common times throughout the year when hanging these flags is recommended.
- Furthermore, it is suggested that you should pick a rather windy day to hang your prayer flags and remember to hang them in the early morning hours.
2. Maintaining & Replacing the Flags from Time to Time
Tibetan prayer flags fade away and disintegrate over a period of time.
- Feng Shui Tibetan Prayer Flags are exposed to natural elements, but that does not mean that you can throw them away. So, never discard your prayer flags in the trash.
- It is believed that if you do not wish to hang your old prayer flags with new ones, you can burn them instead of discarding them as garbage.
- You can come up with a respectful way to replace the flags, as throwing them away would mean that you are getting rid of a source of positive Qi energy.
3. Start with the Exterior of Your House
When it comes to using prayer flags for Feng Shui, it is highly recommended that you begin with the outer portion of your house.
- So, start hanging your prayer flags on the exterior of your home because that is where energy gets inside of your house.
- It is preferred that you hang Tibetan prayer flags in front of your house and near your front door when the wind blows.
- This way, the flag will help you see good fortune and blessings showering over your sweet home and family.
4. You Need to Be Respectful Towards the Flags
The prayer flag is supposed to be treated with great respect at all times, as per Feng Shui experts.
- Feng Shui Tibetan prayer flags bring peace and harmony to one’s life.
- They should not be placed in certain places, like floors, storage rooms, or even bathrooms.
- You can place the prayer flags in your child’s room for safeguarding. If you are looking for some place windy outside your house, then you can hang the flags on your porch or garden, or in your office for a positive and prosperous flow of energy.
- You can even place it in your exercise or yoga room to spread positive spiritual energy.
- Do not be afraid to change the positions of the flags. You can move them around and find a place that you found perfect.
5. The Design Might Not Appeal to Everyone
Some great ancient and traditional practices in Feng Shui have proven the prayer flags to be a wonderful addition to your home. However, you may not be able to find a prayer flag because the design does not appeal to everyone.
You can try to find something that works for you and then place it in your home so that you can bring endless joy, a sense of safety, compassion, wisdom, and prosperity to your life.
6. Keep in Mind the Secret Reinforcements
One of the key things that you want to do with your Feng Shui Tibetan prayer flags are kept three secret reinforcements in mind.
If you want to enhance the blessings and energy of prayer flags, you should reinforce the three secret reinforcements.
These reinforcements include:
- Reciting a mantra or praying earnestly
- A sacred prayer position
- And having a feeling of envisioning, as if you have already received the blessing
These three elements, once implemented properly, will bring more peace and enhance and increase the spiritual positive Qi energy in your home.
The goodwill will flow through your home and make your life peaceful and full of compassion.
In a Nutshell
In Feng Shui, Tibetan prayer flags are rectangle-shaped colorful pieces of clothes with wishes and prayers written on them that you can hang with a rope to create an inflow of positive Qi energy in your home.
There are several spiritual messages written on the prayer flags that promote strength, peace, wisdom, positivity, and compassion.
You can hang these flags in the exterior parts of your houses that are windy and open. Moreover, you can use them in your children’s bedrooms or office spaces so that you can create that extra positive Qi energy to come into your house.
If you want to learn more about how Feng Shui Tibetan prayer flags help with creating harmony and peace in your house, you can consult with a professional Feng Shui practitioner.
Tibetan Prayer Flag Meaning FAQs
Q: Where the Tibetan prayer flags should be hung and placed?
As ancient Buddhist history suggests, the Tibetan flags should be hung in spaces that are open and have an extensive flow of wind.
Some historians even say that prayer flags should never stay still and they should always be moving and fluttering.
Another very important thing to keep in mind is that the Tibetan prayer flags should never ever touch the ground or be in places that are lower, such as basements, storage rooms, etc.
Q: What do the Tibetan prayer flags symbolize in Feng Shui?
The different colors in the Tibetan prayer flags symbolize different elements in nature.
For instance, the blue color represents the sky, the yellow color represents the earth, the white color symbolizes the wind and air, the green color is the representative of the water element and lastly, the red color represents the element of fire.
Feng Shui is a well-researched combination of art and science-based on neuroscience principles. Bhawana Rathore is a passionate Feng Shui practitioner. She writes at FengShuitricks.com and helps people to enhance and balance their lives by sharing Feng Shui-related information on FengshuiTricks and YouTube Channel. Check out more. If you find the information useful, you can buy me a coffee here.